donar area stretched

I have 4 strips taken for a total of 2600 gracfts over ~ 15 years. The last on was 1650 grafts. My doc says my donar site is good for few more but I think it has been probably stretched to its max. Can anyone believe it is capable of stretching to such extremes? Lack of money was a factor otherwise I would have gone for FUE/FIT in the last session.

I have 4 strips taken for a total of 2600 gracfts over ~ 15 years. The last on was 1650 grafts. My doc says my donar site is good for few more but I think it has been probably stretched to its max. Can anyone believe it is capable of stretching to such extremes? Lack of money was a factor otherwise I would have gone for FUE/FIT in the last session.

• Administrators

Scar,

If you doubt the elasticity of skin, take a close look at the next 300 plus pound person you see.

But seriously I do hear your concern. That is why I think people should wait at least 6 months between surgical sessions to allow the scalp/skin elasticity to return.

Congratulations on your latest surgery. I'm glad that you are finally getting some grafts for your efforts.

Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Scar,

I'm in the same boat. I was lucky that Dr Hasson could get 3000+ from my already stretched scalp. It's been 1 year and a half and it still feels like someone is holding my scalp in the back. If I have one more strip my eyebrows will start to move up! That's why I will not consider strip anymore. FUE is indeed more expensive but I am left with little choice.

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

I totally agree about waiting at least 6 months between surgeries. I have read about patients going back in just a month or two post-op and I cringe. Personally, I think I would wait 9+ months, but that is just me.

Perhaps a scar revision utilizing the trichophytic (or "ledge closure") technique would be worth looking into.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

• 2 weeks later...

that is my only worry, want to go in for my 4th and final HT in july, one year past my last and was wondering about elasticity. After my last HT my scalp felt back to normal fairly fast, probably no more than 2 weeks. I can't really pinch any skin on the back of my head, and it worries me that they wouldn't be able to do another strip. Like I said it feels like normal and have no concerns so I think it stretched back to normal very fast. do i have anything to worry about?? I think my scalp has always been like this but am kinda paranoid about this, any responses would be great, Robert what do you think?? thanks