..23 years old...lossing hair ...please HELP

.Im a 23 year old Male....

My genes well my mothers father is bald on top...

I just noticed hair loss in the past 7months....

I have a twin brother and he hasnt had any hair loss like i have....I also have been taking supplements for body bulding like prohormones in the past year i feel like that may have started it.....Im lookin for help on what u should do about my situation ,,,like what are the best things to start off with like shampoos? drugs?......take a look at my pics is it possible i can grow it back or am i headed for a transplant in the future.....PLEASE HELP!!!

.Im a 23 year old Male....

My genes well my mothers father is bald on top...

I just noticed hair loss in the past 7months....

I have a twin brother and he hasnt had any hair loss like i have....I also have been taking supplements for body bulding like prohormones in the past year i feel like that may have started it.....Im lookin for help on what u should do about my situation ,,,like what are the best things to start off with like shampoos? drugs?......take a look at my pics is it possible i can grow it back or am i headed for a transplant in the future.....PLEASE HELP!!!

Get on Propecia ASAP

Shampoo's cannot regrow hair but a new shampoo came out called Revita which has a lot of good ingredients in it. Certainly can't hurt but don't bet on it

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

23newjersey, Like Mrjb said: Propecia for sure. If it works for you--no bad side effects that is, and do not, do not give up hope even if you lose more because transplants are only getting better and if you persist, I'm betting someday you'll have a full head of hair again.

• 2 months later...

What prohormones were you taking? Many of them are legally classified as prohormones to skirt the Class 3 category of most steriods and have slightly different chemical make ups, but convert to an actual steriod once in the system. Which is why many of them find their way onto the governments no-no list fairly quickly.

If getting on propecia isn't an option for you, get to using rogaine. Often many steroids and prohormones convert to DHT, so you want something that's going to combat the DHT.

Sounds like if your twin's hair is just fine and yours isn't, it could most definitely be a result of what you're taking. Rogaine is super cheap now so get that and I'd look into propecia as well. Now that I'm no longer taking any form of supplements (aside from a buttload of caffeine, and occassionally ECY, and things like Super Pump, NoXplode), I plan on getting back to Propecia as I never had any adverse effects while on it.

Vargamn your statement is actually untrue. It works for the whole scalp including the hairline. Hair loss drugs are usually only tested on the crown and therefore only say that they work on the crown. I assure you 23newjersey that propecia will affect the areas of your scalp equally.

Look into the following regime. In my opinion this would be a good starting point from which you can make changes as your condition unfolds.

First, stop with the prohormones. I've seen tons of posts made by users over at t-nation.com dicussing how they've begun to notice hair loss once they began supplementing with this stuff. Things like whey or casein based protein powders, BCCAs, fish oils, fat burners etc. seem to not have this side effect, while still providing the benefits of increasing one's metabolic rate, helping maintain an anabolic state, and so on.

Get on Propecia and midoxidal (the rogaine 5% foam is the best kind IMO).

Get some good shampoos and alternate usage on a regular basis (Nizoral, Revivogen, etc.)

Start using copper peptides at nighttime with your midoxidal. The Folligen line is pretty good IMO.

Find a good concealer like Toppik, Nanogen...

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope that you will find a solution soon. Dont give up hope. Their is a couple of new all natural shampoo's and conditioner that are having very positive results. Keep searching and you will find it. Remember always go natural when it come to treating your scalp, body and skin. The answer you are looking for is closer than you think! Here my before and after picture's.

SielosRx_client_005.jpg.3c68f3d70be28ea407f025dcb6ab7fca.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hello

I believe that it is very likely the use of prohormones being the cause of your hairloss. I would quit them immediately - being a powerlifter/bodybuilder myself, i can understand why this might be hard, but i believe that the male physique is about more than muscle - its about fullness of appearence.

Are you still shedding? Get on rogaine and propecia asap, they might be able to stop/reverse it, though theres no guarantee.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/04-07 - 800-1600 ish grafts - danish clinic - poor results

12/02-08 - 2764 grafts - Dr. Devroye - good result but needs hairline density

03/12-10 - 1429 grafts - Dr. Mohmand - result pending

Feel free to visit my picture thread

My Hair Transplant Photos - Surgery with Dr. Devroye

Young lads below 25 unite!

Your hairloss looks like classic diffuse thinning. If your hairloss is due to the drugs you are taking it would seem it is only speeding up the MBP process based on your photos.

I am no doctor but it seems very obvious to me.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!