Frontal Non-Surgical Advancements?

Mike in Houston

As far as I know, research has concluded that Finasteride can help the crown of the head by either stopping or retarding hair-loss. It has not normally helped with loss at the front.

I'm on it and have been for over a year. While, it has stopped the loss at the crown, the front of my hair remains another story.

I just got a spike on Wednesday.

What's the latest on stopping loss at the front of the head? Has there been any medicinal discoveries?

What, if anything, are you guys using that seems to work for you at stopping loss at the front?

Thanks.

I don't think as of now that there is anything that for sure stops hair loss in the front. However, there are a few guys that actually do stop and/or regrow some hair in the front from both Propecia and Rogaine but from my understanding you have to be pretty lucky for that to happen! I was reading an article recently by Dr. Rassman in LA who is probably one of if not the most respected hair restoration surgeons around and from his studies Rogaine does help out in the front...but I'm sure it was still only a very small % of men and the benefits are probably minimal.

- 1 HT ~ 3000 grafts

- Regimen:

Propecia 1X daily

Mike in Houston,

Propecia actually can slow down or stop frontal hair loss the same as the crown. The FDA has only approved its use in the crown, thus, it's only advertised for the crown.

That said, only hair transplant surgery is proven to grow hair in completely bald areas. Propecia only rarely significantly thickens very thin areas.

As of now, there have been no new proven medical advancements in hairline restoration other than surgical hair restoration.

Best wishes,

Bill