crusty

mr invisible

Hello, I have white crust in the area of where the grafts were placed, has anyone else experienced this? Is this dandruf, Ive never had dandruf before and its basically only in the recipient area. Does anyone know what this means? Could this be due to new grafts that will be coming in soon? I will be 4 months post op on Nov 5, as of now i dont have anywhere near the expected results, i have some small hairs some white some black, but they definetly do not cover my whole recipient area. By the way I had 500 grafts done total in my temple regions. And one more thing is that directly after my op my recipient area was not covered in small grafts or hairs, maybe a few but definetly not 250 in each region. Can anyone tell me what that means? Thanks

Hello, I have white crust in the area of where the grafts were placed, has anyone else experienced this? Is this dandruf, Ive never had dandruf before and its basically only in the recipient area. Does anyone know what this means? Could this be due to new grafts that will be coming in soon? I will be 4 months post op on Nov 5, as of now i dont have anywhere near the expected results, i have some small hairs some white some black, but they definetly do not cover my whole recipient area. By the way I had 500 grafts done total in my temple regions. And one more thing is that directly after my op my recipient area was not covered in small grafts or hairs, maybe a few but definetly not 250 in each region. Can anyone tell me what that means? Thanks

Hi Mr. Invisible,

do you have any pictures to share with us? 500 grafts does not sound like a lot, but depending on how much of your temple region is being covered, it may be all that's needed. 500 grafts isn't a significant amount of grafts which is why I ask.

that being said, 4 months is very early and I am certain your final results are not in. Some people have new growth all the way up to 9 months or even a year. Believe me though, I'm just under 3 months and feeling very impatient, but we just have to wait it out. As far as the crusts, I am thinking that could be dry skin? Without pics it's hard to evaluate. for what it's worth, I have been seeing some dry skin on my scalp and some new hairs are sprouting, so it could be a good thing!

Bill

mr invisible,

I'm not sure if it's the same, but I experienced something similar, a little flaky in the recipient area. Especially noticable when wet, looked like my skin was peeling a little, like a sunburn. Went away though after 4 - 5 months. As far as your results, you mention that after 4 months you haven't seen your expected results. That's WAY to early to be making any evaluations on the end result. I think mine starting just coming in about that time, very finely. It was at about 7 months when it had a positive effect, and about a year or so when it was as good as it got. So don't be discouraged AT ALL at this stage of the game. This is about the time it starts getting fun actually, seeing improvement week after week, assuming the results will be good. Good luck!

Mr. Invisible,

I'm thinking that Nizoral 2% or even 1% used for 5 minutes at a time 3 times a week would benefit your scalp condition. The 2% is available by prescription in the U.S. and the 1% can be bought OTC. Coupled with a gentle shampoo and conditioner and a little time, and you should be good to go.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog