Receding @ age 16 (ritalin suspect) got worse in 20s, now 26, pic attached - what will work, what wont?

Joe,

it looks to me the bigger issue is your self-esteem - 'mmhce' nailed it in one of his first posts. if you are not self-confident, a full-head of hair will not do any miracles.

you need to find some friend/mentor's help to correct how you think/act.. there are a lot of successful men who are bald but billionaires - its whats inside the bald head that needs to be worked on! HT is just *one* of the things that can help you have a better life..

as for meds, i personally dont believe/afraid to take them, may be i am not so helpless/desperate, but its the side affects that scare me.. it might work for someone, what if it boomrangs for me ?

Good luck man!

Disclaimer: I am not a qualified medical professional nor do i work for any doctor, hence these are my personal and honest views. Hopefully I will benefit someone as I had benefitted from this awesome forum.

My HT blog - 2600 - Dr. Feller: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/blog/68/

photo album: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/albums/135

Joe,

You've received some excellent advice from many of our veteran members. I particularly like what mmhce had to say.

Though you've come to a hair restoration community to find the best solutions for your hair loss, I am willing to fashion a guess that your lack of confidence in yourself may be repelling women more than your hair loss.

We live in a world right now where shaving your head is in style. Perhaps as you consider getting on proven hair loss medication like Propecia (though you may be advised to wait until you're 18 for that) and Rogaine, you can shave your head and match many other young men shaving their heads today.

No matter what, you will meet people who are judgemental. If it's not about hair, it's about weight, height, mannerisms, etc. But there are many women who are attracted to men with no hair.

Exhibit confidence in who you are as a young man. For those who don't like you for you, forget them. But there will be plenty that do!

Hang in there!

Bill

Ok, you've been given some good advice...here's what I'd throw into the mix (though this necessitates that you save up some money):

Shave your head. Improve your physical appearance (this is all about aesthetics, anyways, no...). Channel your anger into making money (the money bred from success will also make you more attractive (it actually isn't all about aesthetics). FUE.

I would take a nominal # of FUE grafts and construct a hairline and illusion of density so as to best maximize how you will look buzzed. Make no mistake about it, shaving as a "baldy" is NOT the cool/chic/daring shaving as a "dude with the constructs of a cool hairline and the appearance of non-MPB).

Also, since you otherwise are a good looking guy, this look -- let alone coupled with the aforesaid -- should make you quite good looking to the point any lack in getting laid can be chalked up to your own neuroses! icon_wink.gif

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Originally posted by generic1:
Originally posted by mmhce:
Apparently Minoxidil says, on it's packaging, that its not for receding baldness, only for the "vertex" of the scalp, the crown or back of the head.

This has to do with the control boundaries that were set up during the initial pharmaceutical research. The pharmacological effect is potent throughout ALL areas of the scalp.

Is this true? I should be applying Rogaine to the hairline too?

100% as far as I know. There does seem to be fairly strong empirical and anecdotal evidence to suggest they both have a strong*er* effect on the vertex and crown, but they can both aid your hairline, for sure, and everyone is different. If I used minox, I'd def be applying it to my hairline.

-----------

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Also, to complete my hat-trick and tripple post, it's totally true that improving your hair -- even to perfection -- will not be a panacea in any sense of the word, and to be honest, probably won't even get you laid more often than otherwise.

Even if you focalized on hair, got miraculously bushy, and this led to you getting laid a few more times with whomever, this process could likely be an actual hinderance to your overall, and ultimatel, development....and pursuit of attracting cool girls, and ideally a partner in life.

If you can use the time between now and when you get $, or new technology comes out, etc. to *still* find ways to better yourself...and improve your happiness....you will be infinitely stronger, more capable, and more able to maximize whatever benefits hair has whenever you end up getting it.

This advice and the other advice given isn't easy to actually *do*. No doubt, overcoming true, personal obstacles in life wouldn't be so rare -- nor would it be so admirable, and henceforth beneficial -- if it was easy. But if you can strive for such a thing, you're already ahead of 90% the population, and *that* is a trait that any person would be attracted to. Gl going forward.

-----------

Joe,

I know its tough. But take all the positives from here, and think, think and think some more.

If you choose to go the HT route... Money is never easy to come by, but save what you can. Like the other guys said, consider getting in shape (if your not already). I hate when others give this advice but this will not only potentially make you feel better about yourself, but will give you a "sub-focus" whilst you are saving hard. Keep your head down, work hard, stay upbeat and and you can get to where you want to be.

Were all here for you man!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Marvin, Ive seen a few of your posts on other threads, do you ever say anything positive man?

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.