existing hair over graphs

Had procedure this past Monday. I am washing hair twice a day with sponge and letting dry on its own. Some of my existing hair covers some of the graphs (see picture). Any issues associated with that. I am concerned about moving the hair even when wet. Do not want to impact graphs. I was planning on waiting at least 10 days to dry and comb. Thanks.

5daypost.jpg.c70ddd7dd958cf1754f15bb3ca1e7f6f.jpg

Had procedure this past Monday. I am washing hair twice a day with sponge and letting dry on its own. Some of my existing hair covers some of the graphs (see picture). Any issues associated with that. I am concerned about moving the hair even when wet. Do not want to impact graphs. I was planning on waiting at least 10 days to dry and comb. Thanks.

Dear new2thissite,

Congrats on the HT. I know you're a bit concerned about your grafts. You're almost a week into the procedure so you really don't have anything to worry about. Just don't be aggressive on the transplant area is all.

The biggest mistake most HT patients make is they assume that they have to be extra cautious with their new hair even months after the procedure. At this point you can apply product like sunscreen (sun bad for new hair), hair gel (for what's already there), or make-up (if you're an actor...). The one thing you want to prevent in general is scabbing. It's a normal occurence of course but that's why you should wash twice a day.

Continue spunging and pat drying with a towel (paper towels like Bounty work well, too) and keep the donor area clean as well to prevent infection. You're coming around fine. The pic is a little blurry but you don't have obvious oozing or anything "questionable." Hope this helps!

Reyes

Medical Assistant to Dr. Parsa Mohebi

"ALL COMMENTS ARE MY OWN AND FOR THE SOLE USE OF EDUCATION AND UNDERSTANDING UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED"

Thanks Reyes and Bill for getting back so quickly. I appreciate it. So, if I understand correctly, leaving the existing hair over the graphs is not a problem. I am concerned about combing before ten days since I might accidentally hit a graph. (Rather be too cautious than not cautious enough, at least for first 10 days.) Also, what is benefit of patting hair dry vs. letting it dry on it own? Thanks again.

new2thissite,

I guess the real difference is while patting you do get to remove more of the scabs created by the new sites. Scabs are not a good thing. Like bill stated, the first 10 days are crucial but it's not like you're going to rip them all out with one swipe of a comb or pat of a towel. The grafts are pretty settled in by now. It's ok to be overly cautious at this point I guess. Don't fret too much though on day 11 and so forth icon_smile.gif . Take care!

Reyes

Medical Assistant to Dr. Parsa Mohebi

"ALL COMMENTS ARE MY OWN AND FOR THE SOLE USE OF EDUCATION AND UNDERSTANDING UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED"