Meeting Dr.Bernstein this Saturday

meelak

After so much research and reading about HT, I have finally decided to go with Dr.Bernstein from NHI. I am going to meet him this saturday and see what he has to say. I am a Norwood 4/4A. I am very keen on getting good frontal density - so I think a 2000 graft procedure may be required. If this consultation goes fine I am planning to schedule a December surgery. The only negative I have about Dr.B so far is the $6 he charges per graft. I would have been happy if it was $4 like some of the other good doctors charge.

I also met a surgeon at Bosley. The impression I got is that their practice is very commercialized and they are not very open about some of the things.

I would like to hear any suggestions/comments or questions I should ask Dr.B. Anything in general I should look out for during this consultation.

Thanks.

meelak

After so much research and reading about HT, I have finally decided to go with Dr.Bernstein from NHI. I am going to meet him this saturday and see what he has to say. I am a Norwood 4/4A. I am very keen on getting good frontal density - so I think a 2000 graft procedure may be required. If this consultation goes fine I am planning to schedule a December surgery. The only negative I have about Dr.B so far is the $6 he charges per graft. I would have been happy if it was $4 like some of the other good doctors charge.

I also met a surgeon at Bosley. The impression I got is that their practice is very commercialized and they are not very open about some of the things.

I would like to hear any suggestions/comments or questions I should ask Dr.B. Anything in general I should look out for during this consultation.

Thanks.

meelak

he offers a $5 per graft stand by rate if,you're

flexible,ask him about that.they won't call you

at 6am and say come on down,they'll give you a

couple of days notice,so you can plan.good luck

my ht is lookin good,go for it!

You've done the right thing, if you have read evrything you can find, and researched the hell out of hair transplants.

That's the thing I would advise people before getting a consultation...read everything you can get your hands on. Read all the websites of doctors who are "recommended", a lot of them stress "patient education" over "sales", (which is great by the way.)

Keep in mind that different doctors have different philosophies. Since you say youi've done your homework and educated yourself, just try to express your goals clearly, and try to really understand whatever advice the doctor has. Just try to get a clear and mutual understanding with each other, and see what makes sense after that.

Decide not to make any decisions or judgements either way, until after you have really spent some time thinking everything over

[This message was edited by arfy on October 24, 2002 at 01:01 AM.]