Gonna get a transplant with Dr. Cooley, questions

They said I could use anywhere from 150-500 grafts... I'm probably gonna go with 250 cuz I don't want anything too ridiculously dense nor do I want to use up all my donor hair.

Also, should I use some of my body hair as "filler" along with my regular donor hair to save up?

Not only that, but I'd like to not have a scar, so would FUE be wise? and how much of a price difference? With 250 units, I'm looking at about $1250 I'd spend on the surgery.

Not only that, scheduling a flight and all that BS from cali to north carolina seems like a real pain in the ass. What should I do? It's rather expensive!

Hi Arson,

A few questions for you..............

- How old are you?

- What is your loss on the Norwood scale?

- Have you had a HT before?

I'm just wondering this because 150-500 grafts will provide you with very, very little coverage. If you only need that little and your in the early stages of loss you may want to wait. Do you have any pics posted? It would help to see where you're at with loss right now.

I've only had strip FUT sessions, not FUE. IMO based on the info I have strip FUT will cost around 60% of FUE. If you don't ever want to totally shave your head I don't think the scar is an issue with strip FUT.

I've heard nothing but great things about Dr. Cooley so if you've already scheduled this I'm sure your results will be excellent.

Good luck,

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.