4 and a half months and no noticeable improvement

Mr.Perfect

Hi,

It has been about 4 and a half months after I have done my transplantation and there is no noticeable improvement except for few hairs on the temples. I have done around 3200 grafts covering all over the head.

But, can anyone in the forum help me with this as am a bit nervous? is this normal? My doctor replies that it is perfectly normal that such a thing happens and asks me to wait for few more months. I donot want to mention the name of the doctor as this would earn him a bad name at an early stage, if he is right. But, I got the recommendation of this doctor from Matt Zupan(Ron Shapiro group). When can I clearly judge if the transplantation had been really worth spending the amount or not?

Looking forward for your help.

Cheers,

Hi,

It has been about 4 and a half months after I have done my transplantation and there is no noticeable improvement except for few hairs on the temples. I have done around 3200 grafts covering all over the head.

But, can anyone in the forum help me with this as am a bit nervous? is this normal? My doctor replies that it is perfectly normal that such a thing happens and asks me to wait for few more months. I donot want to mention the name of the doctor as this would earn him a bad name at an early stage, if he is right. But, I got the recommendation of this doctor from Matt Zupan(Ron Shapiro group). When can I clearly judge if the transplantation had been really worth spending the amount or not?

Looking forward for your help.

Cheers,

Mr Perfect, everbody grows at different rates, i don't think there is a standard as such, but people can report some new sprouts as early on as 3 months, whilst some people seem to take as much as 5/6 months to see any noticeable cosmetic difference.

Unless you are slick bald on top to begin with its very hard to tell what is new growth and what is exsisting hair, as the work these days is so natural.

Be patient i am sure things will start to improve soon.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

I don't see any harm in naming your doctor. You are only at 4 months, but you shouldn't worry about the doc's rep. Let the doc worry. Everyone will have a different experience with the same doctor. If 100 people goto the same doctor, you will have 100 different views and experiences. Everyone of them is valid and helpful to the next patient in line.

4 1/2 months is way too early. Six months before you see any significant growth and even then the hair itself is VERY thin. I am at 7 and 1/2 months and have some cosmetic improvement but think its going to need another pass before I have the kind of density on the hairline I am looking for. The hair itself is still very thin so I am hoping the hair will thicken over the next 5 months.

cheers.

Way too early.. Give it 6 months minimum..

Be patient

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!