Losing 1/2 to 1 inch long vellous hairs..

Hi Guys,

I know I can be annoying, but I am panicking over here, again. I have been n spiro(orally) for a month now. I am losing the short inch long hairs in the front bang area where I am losing.

Ok ...these are the hairs that I NEED to grow in healthy. This is how messed up my hair is...my natural hair color is dark, dark brown, and now it groes in blonde and very thin.

I understand that most of you guys have had HT's, but have any of you experienced this type of thing when starting treatment or just in general?

I know there are probably differences between men and women in these instances, but I am going nuts, cause my hair seems worse everyday.

Maybe I am just panicking guys, or maybe just need someone to talk too.

Thanks

Jenn

Hi Guys,

I know I can be annoying, but I am panicking over here, again. I have been n spiro(orally) for a month now. I am losing the short inch long hairs in the front bang area where I am losing.

Ok ...these are the hairs that I NEED to grow in healthy. This is how messed up my hair is...my natural hair color is dark, dark brown, and now it groes in blonde and very thin.

I understand that most of you guys have had HT's, but have any of you experienced this type of thing when starting treatment or just in general?

I know there are probably differences between men and women in these instances, but I am going nuts, cause my hair seems worse everyday.

Maybe I am just panicking guys, or maybe just need someone to talk too.

Thanks

Jenn

Jenn-24; Some medications cause shedding usually in the first month. Usually these hairs grow back healthier and stronger. How many hairs per day do you think that you are losing? Have you gone to see a dermatologist? What did they say about your hairloss?

I understand that you just got a transplant recently so just like me and other guys the first 6 months can be stressful.

Check out my website http://www.hairlosshelp.com/websites/lorenzo1/

My advice to you is wait 6 month on the transplant and medicine. Also consider getting a second opinion from a dermatologist.

After I got my transplant done I was getting a haircut and one of the girls that I have know for 5 years told me that she had one done on her hairline. Even thought she had micro and minigrafts it was undetecatable and she looked great. I believe that she had 500 grafts done around 5 years ago.

I think that you should patient and everything should be alright..

Lorenzo

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Jenn,

About 6 years ago(She'll be 30), one of my sisters had some kind of hormonal imbalance that caused her to lose some hair among other things.

Her hair is thinner now than before, but she was working with an endocrinologist (sp?) and she looks much better now. I believe it was a particular disorder, but I can't recall the name.

I never did pry into what the story was, but I'll be giving her a call this weekend. I'll ask her about it and see what she's willing to discuss. I'll shoot you any feedback I receive.

I have a question for you, or anyone else who cares to chime in. You mentioned that you had 500 grafts. A lot of the before/after pictures I see of women, I notice that the graft count is generally less than 1000. Whereas, the pictures of men the graft count always seems to be 1800+ (I had 2364). Is there a reason that the graft count for women is lower?

--Blake

rblakec----Thank you for the insight regarding your sisters condition. I would be VERY interested to know what her predicament was. It may be something I can ask my doctor, even though I think I just have typical female pattern hair loss.But It would be very helpful..THANKS!! icon_smile.gif

To Stranger..oops..I mean Jotronic...as always thanks, but I dont know if these are "babies" or just my follicles shrinking down to nothing. Hopefully they will grow back darker, if they grow back at all.

Thanks Guys

Jenn

Jotoronic raised a point which I wondered as I read this entire thread. Just a question Jenn, what color was your hair as a baby? I know a lot of people who went from blonde to brunette through the years and wondered if this is at all related to HT's...particularly yours.

HI NC30

My baby hair was about medium brown.

It continued to thicken and darken, and roe endlessly all through my childhood.

I remember everyone saying how long and pretty my hair was!!! How depressing!!

Now, at 24, not even starting my life its pathetically thin and see through to the scalp. Unbelievable!!

What is the correlation between baby hair/HT's/hair color that you are talking about?

i would be really interested to know!!

Thanksicon_smile.gif

Jenn

Jenn...I've spent countless hours reading these message boards, and am still nowhere near as informed as many of the veterans here.

The question that came to my mind while reading this thread was.....Say that we have one of these people who was born with blonde hair and as they grew older, it naturally changed to brown hair. Now let's say this same person has an HT later on in life. Are the new hairs programmed as the same color since they are already existing hairs? Or would the whole cycle just start from the beginning?

I know it's a totally insignificant question and doesnt need to be answered. If new hairs just started popping out of my head I wouldnt care what color they were as long as they were there to stay.

NC30,

The hair color thing interests me. I have blonde hair that has slightly darkened over the years. I had a HT 3 weeks ago today. The hair at the back of my head appears slightly darker than at the front. Could be due to the greater density.

I am very curious as to what shade the transplants will grow in at.

--Blake