Does a HT change your life?

vbcbc

I'm 23, a norwood 2.5/3 who has been thiining for the last 2 years. I've been on propecia since april 24th - 2.5 months and Minox x2 for 2 months now, and plan to use them for at least a year before I judge.

Basically, if they don't work or I dont see signifcant improvment, then I will be getting a HT.

Does it really alter your confidence and life? I'm really depressed with the situation im in at this time, because my hair loss is affecting my lifestyle and enjoyment and the way I'm perceived. Basically I had a full head of hair 2 years ago, so this is why this is such a shock.

Does a HT alter yor life? I want to be my old self more then anything in the world, so I feel a HT is the way to go. Life too short to be balding and at 23 time isnt really on my side. So within the next year I will have an answer withy regards to the min, prop, niz treatment.

A few questions I have thought up:-

Do you feel like a diffefent person after a HT?

Does it alter your confidence?

Do you feel accepted by others more then you did before?

Did you feel more like your old selves?

Did you let any of your families know about getting a HT?

i'M IN eNGLAND, where is the best place to go to get one?

What are the general price?

thanks all...

J

bcvbc

bcvbc

I'm 23, a norwood 2.5/3 who has been thiining for the last 2 years. I've been on propecia since april 24th - 2.5 months and Minox x2 for 2 months now, and plan to use them for at least a year before I judge.

Basically, if they don't work or I dont see signifcant improvment, then I will be getting a HT.

Does it really alter your confidence and life? I'm really depressed with the situation im in at this time, because my hair loss is affecting my lifestyle and enjoyment and the way I'm perceived. Basically I had a full head of hair 2 years ago, so this is why this is such a shock.

Does a HT alter yor life? I want to be my old self more then anything in the world, so I feel a HT is the way to go. Life too short to be balding and at 23 time isnt really on my side. So within the next year I will have an answer withy regards to the min, prop, niz treatment.

A few questions I have thought up:-

Do you feel like a diffefent person after a HT?

Does it alter your confidence?

Do you feel accepted by others more then you did before?

Did you feel more like your old selves?

Did you let any of your families know about getting a HT?

i'M IN eNGLAND, where is the best place to go to get one?

What are the general price?

thanks all...

J

bcvbc

bcvbc

I don't think that you should get an HT if medication doesn't work. In fact it should be the opposite, you should get an HT, only if your hairloss is stopped. What if the meds don't work and you keep receding? If you get an HT, a year later you'll need to get another one, just to fill in what you have lost.

As far as docs in England, I don't know of any good ones over there, and you're probably better off flying to Canada, or U.S. to have it done. HT is not something you want to be saving money on, because you can ruin your life.

Any chance you could post pics of your hair situation?

The price can range anywhere from $3 per graft using strip technique, to $8-$15 per graft using new FUE surgery. Assuming you will need around 2000 grafts for early NW3, you should be expecting to pay on average $6000 for strip, and $20000 for FUE (USD).

As far as telling your family, an HT is not something you can easily conceal - so you'll probably have to tell them, not that it's a big deal.

An HT isn't a miracle solution - it takes long to see final results (a year), and there are always chances you'll end up being more self-conscious of your hair than before getting an HT.

Certainly chosing a good doc helps.

Personally I would advise you to look into FUE, as it's really not worth getting a scar to fix NW2/3 hairloss.

Definitely take your time, and read through some of the old posts on this board.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic''. Arthur C. Clarke

• Administrators

VBCBC,

Done right for a proper candidate I know HTs can make very positive differences in the lives of men and women. Many do experience improved morale and confidence. I know I did.

But expectations do need to realistic.

I suggest reading the experiencing of some of the "Hair Mentors" on this site at Hair Mentors

to learn more about how HTs have affected their lives.

Best wishes in making some positive changes in your life - Pat

Sharing our ideas and photos is what keeps this site real. Please participate by posting and replying.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Yes, here are some photos.

Im approaching 3 months on propecia and 2.5 months on minox.

bcvbct.jpg?bc5omG_ATStjLfjW

As you can see, the hair is very thin and weak.

tt.jpg?bc5omG_A3aBFoHs.

On this side I have grown a faint hairline. This was due to the use of minox.

ttt.jpg?bc5omG_ACxt38Dy9

ttttt.jpg?bc5omG_AtWoYGnCr

bcvbc