IST TIME HERE THANK GOD ANY RECOMENDATIONS

hi iam 29 yr old guy whos loosing his hair thank god i found this foroum i started research about a month ago and narrowed it down to dr shapiro talked with matt from his office and must say was immpressed the way he explained everything wanted to get the fue done but matt told me it might be good idea to use strip no final decision yet, looking towards 2000-3000 grafts so probably will go towards strip method but i need your help about my decision to go with dr shapiro as i live in california and just wanted to see if it was worth the time,drive and money to got to shapiro medical also how many of you think the scar left by the surgery was a big issue for you if you keep your hair real short any other suggestions about dr shapiro your experience and what do you think of dr. william reed also would always be appreciated thank god i found this forum you guys rock now please help me realize my dream.

hi iam 29 yr old guy whos loosing his hair thank god i found this foroum i started research about a month ago and narrowed it down to dr shapiro talked with matt from his office and must say was immpressed the way he explained everything wanted to get the fue done but matt told me it might be good idea to use strip no final decision yet, looking towards 2000-3000 grafts so probably will go towards strip method but i need your help about my decision to go with dr shapiro as i live in california and just wanted to see if it was worth the time,drive and money to got to shapiro medical also how many of you think the scar left by the surgery was a big issue for you if you keep your hair real short any other suggestions about dr shapiro your experience and what do you think of dr. william reed also would always be appreciated thank god i found this forum you guys rock now please help me realize my dream.

They both do excellent hairline and crown work.

Ron is known for his hairlines from obvious years of outstanding work but also because hes ran the hairline workshop at the IHRS meetings several times.

His crown work is awesome too.

Your right Rachmun Ron is a super nice guy that will not be satisfied with anything other then perfection.

Alot of clinics get you in and forgot about you but they will stand behind you 100%

You also will never have any uncomfortable moments there.

Everything youll ever read will be about a great experience and the nice things they do.

Stuff like Bullinuts surgery for free after he was hacked up , Janna picking someone up and bringing a blanket because they flew in from Flordia during the winter , Thomas one of their techs that was willing to wear a surgical cap along with me when we went out to eat after surgery so everyone wouldnt stare ,Ron meeting guys on his vacation .

There are some fantastic clinics on this site but for my hard earned money it would only and will again go to SMG.

Just give Matt a call and you will see for yourself

pullmyhair,

I am having my HT on 6/29 with Dr. Ron Shapiro.. After a lot of talks with Matt and a talk with Dr. Shapiro (and people on this board) i could not be more comfortable, i posted a topic a few days ago the topic title is "Having my procedure in 12 days", and Dr.Glenn Charles responded with this..

You have made a good choice. Dr. Shapiro is the Master when it comes to hair transplants. He is also a really good guy and one of the true gentlemen in our field of medicine. You are going to be amazed when its all said and done. Say hello to everyone over at SMG it has been along time since I have worked there

That really says alot right there when one of your peers calls you the MASTER, also during another consult one of the top docs said that if he was having the procedure done Dr. Ron Shapiro is who i would call to do it.. Once again that says alot! Keep doing your research but also have a little piece of mind that you have already talked to one the best if not THE best HT surgeons in the world! Best of Luck!

World Class HT-Dr. Ron Shapiro 6/29/2009 4792 FU Total Hairs-9731

pullmyhair,

I agree with the others that Coalition members Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are doing superb work. However, I disagree with Please Grow Please that Coalition member Dr. William Reed isn't doing work on par with Dr. Shapiro. In fact, I believe Dr. Shapiro would commend his colleague Dr. Reed for his dedication to performing state of the art hair transplantation on par with him and other leading hair restoration physicians.

Having met all three surgeons and talking to them in person, I have great respect for their passion and dedication to adapting their techniques regularly to provide only the best results and highest level of patient care. Pat Hennessey, publisher of the Hair Transplant Network has visited and observed all 3 surgeons in live surgery and has verified their state of the art techniques. To see the highlights of Pat's visits, visit the "Visits to Leading Hair Transplant Clinics" forum.

Selecting amongst an elite group of surgeons is often very subjective. Take your time, research, look through patient and physician posted photos, and consult with each doctor you are considering. This will help you narrow down your choices.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Bill

I thought Reed was Ross as I get these two mixed up all the time .

Reed does solid work .

Ive seen 100 or more photos from SMG and less then 15 from Reed so to say hes on the same level is a bit of a stretch imo.

Dr Shapiro said something really nice about Dr Reed on here so if he thinks hes good then so do I.

you wont go wrong with Dr Shapiro i travelled 4500miles to see him hes a great surgeon and a lovely guy so i would make the drive pal hes tops and you wont be sorry good luck

2 poor very poor UK ht's

2 world class repairs with Shapiro Medical Group

original thread

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...d.php?t=134995

Dr Paul's procedure http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1710

Dr Ron's procedure

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1128

well thank you again for all your responses iam scared and very nervous about surgery and specially about results not looking natural but matt has given me a lot of confidence and he recommended 2000 to 2500 ht by fue (is that alot for fue session even if it is being done over 4 days) but also told me to not pursue a aggressive hairline due to future hair loss hes anticipating but thats what i want a solid hairline so i will have to lower my expectations.TOS7581 let me know how your ht goes and maybe we can share our experiences.now you are going to be the light of hope since iam having my ht done 08/10.thank you.

Pullmyhair,

I will keep you updated, feel free to send me a private message if you have anymore questions, Matt is great, very honest and up front and is NOT a salesmen... He always approached me (sounds like with you also) with MY best interest.. I am hoping to have a larger session of 3500-4500 graphs via strip.. if i get more that's great! I am close to a NW-4 so i need quite a bit of work done so a big session to achieve my need the first session is needed and most likely a second session to complete me is most likely (although i would like to have a one and done)I would love to hear your experience with FUE being that is the route i may take the second procedure or if i get hair greed the third icon_biggrin.gif !! And you made a great choice! Everyone hear has told me the same about my choice! Question, why Fue over strip?

World Class HT-Dr. Ron Shapiro 6/29/2009 4792 FU Total Hairs-9731

matt told me that due to future anticipated hair loss it will be a good idea to use fue now so i am eligible for a strip in future and since i dont need that many grafts right now fue would work also i keep my hair very short so strip scar will be a issue for me.i will send you a pm and god bless you on your sx day you will have amazing results.