Dermatch never dries

Hello,

First post. I bought some Dermatch and applied it in a little test area on my head and although it went on fine, it never dried. Even after hours if I touched my hair or scalp my fingertips would be brown. I tried putting it on dry with the same results.

I have tried using very little so that it does not even conceal and it still comes off in my hands even after letting it sit overnight.

My hair is about 2 - 2.5 inches long so not sure if my hair is to long since most pictures look like people have shorter hair.

I would like to use it but I can't if someone touches my hair and their hand turns brown.

Any Ideas??

lefty-

There are several posts here on dermmatch application. Just use the "find" feature and do a little searching.

You may try blow-drying the hair after application to help. Another tip, after applying dermmatch, then blow-drying the hair, take a slightly damp towell and lightly pat or run across your hair to take out any excess...........then dry it again. If you do these things then still end up with it in your hands you're probably using too much of the stuff.

Good luck.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Hi

Also use hairspray to lock into place.. Works like a charm

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Thanks guys.

Yeah, I did a search but couldn't find anything that helped.

It works great but the fact that it never seems to dry is weird. I even rinsed my hair in the shower afterwards and it still rubs off even though I barely used any.

I will try the hairspray trick. The thing is it works so good I don't want to give up on it.

Thanks again.

leftynero,

Here is the best post I know on Dermatch:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=142583

Dermatch definitely dries...I've used it. Personally, I don't like the using topicals because it just feels artificial. I just don't feel confident while wearing it...like someone will suspect something.

BUT, as you can see in the above post, if you take enough time to be an expert applicator, you just might have some good results ith it.

Bill

• 5 months later...

Blow-drying the areas that have been applied work best for me. I also try to remove as much excess as possible before I blow dry. It's all right there in the thread that Bill posted.

Hairspray works like a charm too. Not too much, though. You don't want helmet hair. icon_biggrin.gif

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought a case of the black dermmatch to be used in the donor area to help cover the scar. Very happy with the product. I keep my hair about 1 inch all around so the scar can be visible under bright lighting and the dermmatch keeps it nearly completly undetectable. I'm at 10 weeks post op so the scar still has that red smiley face going across the back of my head.