taker

I just wanted to say Hi to all

I am glad that it is a slow day at work, and that I found this site!!!

I have been looking all over the internet trying to find REAL people with REAL discussions.

Not just people who work for companies that are just trying to promote their (crappy)products

I have learned so much in just the little time i spent here today alone (4 hours i guess isnt little, but still)

I think i rank about a 5 on the scale

I am 28 and thinning - since I was 22

and like all of you guys, I dont like it, I have been busted on by my brother for years (who of course has a full head of hair)and hate it

I have used Hairgenesis which pretty much slowed things down, but of course, nothing great, or even good and than on a whim (thinking it was only $20... but later finding out that it was $20 for S&H only) I tried Proced- which is absolute junk- all it did was goop up my hair and make it look all knotted up

I look forward to doing alot of research here- thinking about it, I will probably be doing more research here than I have ever for any school project

I live in Huntington Beach in CA

and I plan on looking at Reed in Lajolla (I have read good things about him so far)

and Meshkin, but I have only seen one person speak of him so far, and even though he is super close to me, I will be more than willing and happy to drive and hour to La Jolla

hope to talk to you guys soon-

I just wanted to say Hi to all

I am glad that it is a slow day at work, and that I found this site!!!

I have been looking all over the internet trying to find REAL people with REAL discussions.

Not just people who work for companies that are just trying to promote their (crappy)products

I have learned so much in just the little time i spent here today alone (4 hours i guess isnt little, but still)

I think i rank about a 5 on the scale

I am 28 and thinning - since I was 22

and like all of you guys, I dont like it, I have been busted on by my brother for years (who of course has a full head of hair)and hate it

I have used Hairgenesis which pretty much slowed things down, but of course, nothing great, or even good and than on a whim (thinking it was only $20... but later finding out that it was $20 for S&H only) I tried Proced- which is absolute junk- all it did was goop up my hair and make it look all knotted up

I look forward to doing alot of research here- thinking about it, I will probably be doing more research here than I have ever for any school project

I live in Huntington Beach in CA

and I plan on looking at Reed in Lajolla (I have read good things about him so far)

and Meshkin, but I have only seen one person speak of him so far, and even though he is super close to me, I will be more than willing and happy to drive and hour to La Jolla

hope to talk to you guys soon-

Taker,

Welcome to our community.

I'm glad you found this site too. Here is a great place to do some research BEFORE jumping into anything.

Be advised that the only two FDA approved treatments for safety and efficacy for hair loss is finasteride and minoxodil. All these other products you are using (Hairgenesis and Proced) are gimics and scams. They MIGHT contain minoxodil (therefore some products will claim they are FDA approved because of it) but are significantly overpriced. Those without finasteride and minoxodil do nothing for your hair loss condition.

I've tried many of these hair loss gimics back in the day when I didn't know any better.

Dr. Reed is part is a coalition doctor, so he is definitely worth researching regarding hair transplantation.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

Bill

Hey taker,

I am really sorry to hear that your brother has been so insensitive to your situation.

I can only imagine how it might feel for you to be loosing your hair & your Bro having a full head of hair!

As Bill said, don't waste anymore money on "products".

Post a photo if you can.

Good luck!

Yea, it sucks...but being teased is all about being the younger brother- It was kinda embarassing when I went to visit him at work, and his co-workers thought that I was the older brother..lol

but here is a pic, I had just shaved my head actually, I think it looks good, but of course, I would rather have a full head of hair. if you look closely, you can see the lines from the goop procede

mikesandycali_033.jpg.8c04934356ea1cbedda84bec1322ffeb.jpg

Just from the back, you look like the kind of guy that can pull off the shaved look.

I met a guy last night in his 20's at a party that had a shaved head with thinning like you.

He had the hottest babe at the party!

Hopefully you will have the last last with your brother, he might catch up someday.... icon_biggrin.gif

i like to joke around and say I look like Brad Pitt, but only hotter.. ppl get a kick out of it

my girl hates my short hair

here is a pic of us from 2 months ago

wedding11.jpg.7feb48a66f008e6a93731289888e5e0e.jpg

You got no worrys mate with that hottie on your arm, Brad ain't got nothin on you!

Better listen to her though & grow out your hair!