rose vs shapiro????

troy

Troy, when I called SMG, I did so with an open mind, preferring to keep all my options open. In saying that, I had already made up my mind BEFORE any consult or contact, that Dr. Shapiro was the best HT doctor for meeting all of my criteria. I did not make that decision lightly, nor did I allow anyone else to influence my judgement. Having Dr. Shapiro do my HT was amazing, reaffirming ny trust in him and my decision. With all of that, I would only accept the BEST, Dr. Shapiro. I do not think, however, you would be wrong in chosing Dr. Rose. YOU need to choose the right doc for you. Hope this helps.

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

When I talked to Matt Zupan, he said there is no difference. I am a professional and my face is everywhere, so I dont know if Im more nervous than most, or this is just how everyone feels. If it is better to wait for Shapiro to have better results I will. Please give me feed back.

Troy, if you indeed have made the decision to get a HT, then the hardest step is over. The fact that you are deciding between Rose or Shapiro is great as well. Either of these physicians consistently produce dramatic results and both command tremendous respect in their field. I think Matt is being honest with you, and is doing what ethical consultants should do: give you information and let YOU make the decision, without pressure. I do not think this is a "results" decision, Troy, but making a tough decision between two great doctors you can't go wrong with.

3100 w/Shapiro

10/7/05

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

well I have set up a date in dec, but before I do it I want to meet him as well as a patient, to help me feel comfortable with my decision. I still may cancel and just wait for Shapiro, but hoping to get more feed back from people on this site, it is very stressfull, and I imagine as the day gets closer only more stressfull.

Troy, Dr. Rose takes the time to post his views or new procedures on this forum. He also has a reputation for being an understanding doc! I think you will be most pleased with your decision. As far as being nervous, brother I know how you feel! If you read my posts, you will find what a great time I had, and how I cannot wait to do number 2! I think you should relax, and enjoy the fact that you are doing something about being hair challenged icon_biggrin.gif

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Troy, I understand that choosing between a few of the top doctors can be very difficult. The only solution that I can suggest is that you consult with both of them fact to face. I think your decision would work itself out after that. Have a set of detailed questions, like "who makes the recipient sites and who places the grafts, you or the staff?" "What is your approach to hairline construction and where would you place my hairline?" "How would you distribute the density of my grafts across my head?" "What would be the approximate length of my donar scar and how do you determine that?".

These questions, of course, would lead to many others. Also, look very closely at pictures of their patients. Find some that have hair loss and hair type like yours.

If you don't have time to meet with them, then maybe you don't have time to do a hair transplant. I hate to be so frank with you, but I'm a little wary of people who can't find the time to make a correct decision. A hair transplant is quite a complex procedure. It is a much bigger deal than most people let on here on these message boards.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

I have to chime in and say that the decision you have to make, though not easy, is basically comparing excellent to excellent. Both Dr. Rose and Dr. Shapiro are highly skilled, immensely ethical, and extremely talented physicians.

If you have reservations about either, do what Gorpy suggests and take the time to converse with both of them. If possible, push your date back to accomodate your decision. This is an important step. You don't want to have any "what ifs" floating around your mind in the recovery period. Both physicians have been practicing for years. They understand that some patients are just more comfortable with certain physicians. It's all a part of the decision-making process.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Barry Sanders or Jim Brown; Elway or Marino; Jordan or Chamberlan; Tiger Woods--well ok no comparisons there--- but Shapiro and Rose you can not go wrong with either as both have similiar beliefs and techniques. If you've narrowed btwn the 2 of them- then your going do be in great hands -- go with whoever you feel comfortable with between the 2. (or if 1 has a lower cost?)

Markcia is dead on. Once I talked with Dr. Rose on the phone, I didn't want to go to anyone else. I was thinking about 3 different Dr.'s and my gut was the deciding factor. I would go to Dr. Rose again, if it ever became necessary...

I went to see one of Dr Rose past clients. He had great results and totally natural. Im glad I met with this person, I feel much more comfortable about moving forward with Dr Rose, More like I cant wait!!! Also this site is so great, I contribute this site for helping me find the Shapiro group, sincere thank-you!!

Originally posted by troy:

When I talked to Matt Zupan, he said there is no difference. I am a professional and my face is everywhere, so I dont know if Im more nervous than most, or this is just how everyone feels. If it is better to wait for Shapiro to have better results I will. Please give me feed back.

Go with the doctor u initially planned on.

Any last minute changes will have you sick with worry over the coming months thinking that maybe you would have been better off with the other doctor.

That does not mean there's anything wrong with the other doctor.

Its just elemantary psychology.

7500 grafts till now. All by Dr. Arvind/Dr.A, New Delhi.

They include strip FUHT, FUE and body hair grafts.

Hoping to accomplish full hair restoration.

"Go with the doctor u initially planned on." by finallyfree

How does a post from October to a December surgery seem last minute? For me, as far as my first choice, I'm happy that I found this forum and didn't go with my first choice!

Also, a better example of Elementary Psychology would be to not telling someone that is excited about a decision they have carefully arrived at that they be "sick with worry over the coming months thinking that maybe you would have been better off with the other doctor."