Dr Damkerng

Hi

i have been emailing dr Damkerng at the Stough clinic in view to visiting in the near future for hair transplant.All i can say is that cost wise its very good,half the UK price.He seems to be upto date with the strip method.Donor closure is by trico suture to hopefully allow for a more discrete linear scar.This depends on the individuals skin and how it reacts to the surgery i guess?I know the cheapest may not always be the best but some UK clinics may not be either.Cost wise?Most things in thailand are nearly half the UK price,so i guess surgery should be too?I would like to think that surgery/plastic surgery is of a very high standard due to the vast amount of gender re-assignement surgery performed.Myself will be having 500 grafts to the crown and hopefully the previous scar revised by trico closure?I trust Dr Damkerng has the artistry and skill to do this.I know he is a plastic surgeon also so i would expect he has good knowledge of how skin reacts to surgery,what is aestheticaly pleasing etc.Anyway, i hope this gives you some reassurance,please let me know how you get on.Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the response mate. I have met with him and he was quite convincing. For instance he did'nt try to flog me anything I did'nt need. He was very knowledgeable about the whole thing and did a thorough consultation. He also estimated high after examining me closely and for a long time(1500)where others said 800 to 1000 after a couple of seconds. The clinic is not great looking but the results seem genuine and I have spoken with a westerner who assures me this guy did a great job for him so I'll let you know. Six days to go!!!!!!!

Originally posted by cw1:

I have met with him and he was quite convincing.

If you're new to the HT industry, a lot of docs will sound convincing.

Originally posted by cw1:

The clinic is not great looking but the results seem genuine and I have spoken with a westerner who assures me this guy did a great job for him

These are not the criteria you should base your choice on. Browse this forum and look at the typical questions you need to ask before trusting some obscure doc with your scalp.

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

Sorry mate I probably did'nt give them a fair description. I've now done a lot of checks on this guy. He's been in hair replacment since the 70s. He covers a lot of asia and has delivered several published papers on ht in America. He's trained in america and has extensivve experience in plastic surgery. My consultation with him was very impressive and I've been to quite a few. my enquiry on here was only to see if there was info out there that I hav'nt come across as a final check on him. I hav'nt turned up anything negative. His testimonials and documented cases are impressive. He operates under a website called Thaimed.

Originally posted by bendover:

Hi

i have been emailing dr Damkerng at the Stough clinic in view to visiting in the near future for hair transplant.All i can say is that cost wise its very good,half the UK price.He seems to be upto date with the strip method.Donor closure is by trico suture to hopefully allow for a more discrete linear scar.This depends on the individuals skin and how it reacts to the surgery i guess?I know the cheapest may not always be the best but some UK clinics may not be either.Cost wise?Most things in thailand are nearly half the UK price,so i guess surgery should be too?I would like to think that surgery/plastic surgery is of a very high standard due to the vast amount of gender re-assignement surgery performed.Myself will be having 500 grafts to the crown and hopefully the previous scar revised by trico closure?I trust Dr Damkerng has the artistry and skill to do this.I know he is a plastic surgeon also so i would expect he has good knowledge of how skin reacts to surgery,what is aestheticaly pleasing etc.Anyway, i hope this gives you some reassurance,please let me know how you get on.Good luck.

Hey there,

well had the ht yesterday. Had to say it was all good. The doctor and his staff are very professional and really put me at my ease. They explained everything every step of the way. They ensured I was comfortable and were very honest and knowledgeable to any questions I asked. I was very impressed. I will let you know as the days go on. Some pain yesterday and this morning but very easy to cope with. Hav;nt taken any painkillers yet and I guess I'm probably over the worst of it. Also apparently I have excellent donor hair. Plenty to cover the areas and he took 17cm from the donor site. This resulted in 1720 grats as opposed to the 1500 I paid for so the rest were inserted free. Going back today for my wash so will keep you updated.

On another forum Dr Wong commented about him:

"Dr. D Pathomvanich is one of the very best. He utilizes his "open technique" to remove the donor strip with almost zero transection. I've seen him and his team work and they are extremely talented."

If Wong says he's good then I would believe it.

Originally posted by ts808:

On another forum Dr Wong commented about him:

"Dr. D Pathomvanich is one of the very best. He utilizes his "open technique" to remove the donor strip with almost zero transection. I've seen him and his team work and they are extremely talented."

If Wong says he's good then I would believe it.

I can only concur and say I have been extremely impressed with this guy and his staff. They are so professional and knowledgable. The follow ups ahve been great and he has called me at home twice to see if I am ok and chat more about ht. Top Man.

• 1 month later...

Hi cw1.

I had 2400 with Dr. Pathomvanich a couple of weeks prior to yours and I am so far very happy,although a few months will be the proof. I agree he and his staff are considerate and friendly,but more importantly,professional and skilled.

He is solidly booked months in advance without secretly advertising through these forums as so many other Dr.s do. (they say they don't,but you don't have to be Einstein to work it out)

Good luck with it and keep us posted with how it works out.

cw1,brianf,

The website is not so impressive when compared the results with the results we see on this forum. Many of the guys are combing over in those examples. The website seems to be developed in 2002 and does not seem to updated with the recent patient profiles. It would give us a good idea of the work if you can post your pre and post op pictures. And it would give more idea if you guys explain how your total trip went on.

-Jagdish

Ravi Vide

I'm only 2 months post-op so I now look as I did pre-op.There's nothing really to show until it starts coming in at about 3-5 months so I'll post a few before & after pics about then.

Bangkok is an easy place to travel.Decent infrastructure and friendly people and the prices for hotels,food,travel etc are similar to what you'd pay in India Jagdish.Cheap compared to the west.Dr Pathomvanich is a good surgeon but not a salesman,so you wont be pressured into anything.He does the TV people and politicians in Asia and is usually booked out a few months ahead so I don't think he needs the work.Maybe you can email him your photos and ask for his advice before you go.He will give you an honest appraisal IMO.

But I'd say you have 1 more go at it to get it right so do plenty of reseach,and make your own informed decision.Personally I have nothing but positive praise for this Dr.

Good luck with it whoever you go with.

Here is the donor scar after 9 weeks.

The scar itself is difficult to see. It is about 1mm.There is still some pinkness left from the sutures.I had absorbable sutures that stayed in for 3-4 weeks and they left a pink 4mm wide line.You can still see this pink area in these pics.It is not the scar.It was very red after 6 weeks but is starting to fade fast.The Dr. said it will fade completely in 6 months but the way its fading lately I think more like 4-5 months. At this point I really doubt this scar will be noticeable after 4 months with a #4 cut. Since I never cut my hair shorter than #5 Im fairly confident.

9wks_016.jpg.1051889b46c2035987f338616d1d9697.jpg

Originally posted by RoboNick:

So, is there anyone that has been at this doc and whant to share the results? icon_confused.gif

I'm sorry I hav'nt been on here for a while. Got the sort of job that when a contract starts I have no time for anything else. I am only two months post op and have to say I am happy so far. Or course there is no new growth yet but the shockloss has been very small and the scar is very neat looking and fading fast. I have some before pictures and once the hair starts growing I will post pre and post so people can make up their own minds. This Doctor does not tout for business as he does'nt need to. He does'nt push anything on anyone and has some very high profile asian clients. He charges 100 baht per graft which is way lower than anywhere else but the work appears to be of a very high standard.

• 5 weeks later...

hi brianf,

Can you share your pre and post op hair line pics. Also can you share more details of your experience at Dr. Damkerng office, hot to book an appointment there?.

Thanks,

Sid