why not

they say normally at around day 6 and on that you should start to massage the area in which grafts were placed .why cant we just let them fall off by themselves. i was reading that around the 2nd wk they should have all fell off regardless. thank you

they say normally at around day 6 and on that you should start to massage the area in which grafts were placed .why cant we just let them fall off by themselves. i was reading that around the 2nd wk they should have all fell off regardless. thank you

they say normally at around day 6 and on that you should start to massage the area in which grafts were placed

This advice refers to the removal of the scabs, and this something that you DO CAREFULLY in the shower, when your hair is wet and shampooed.

You make gentle circles or gently stroke the hair to remove the scabs (when your hair is wet, in the shower).

take care...

joeysi,

Actually, you can just let them fall off naturally. Some surgeons even suggest letting them fall off naturally which can take up to a month. I haven't seen any harm to grafts by leaving scabs attached. However, doctors who recommend letting the scabs fall off naturally usually recommend applying Vitamin E oil to your scalp to promote healing. It also loosens the crusts.

The bottom line however, is to follow the advice of your hair transplant doctor, even though it may be different than another's.

I hope this helps.

Bill