a money question

hi all, first post here, I'm glad you're all here and that this forum exists. Hey I just got yet another Boseley letter in the mail that was very, very seductive because it says 1000 for 5500$ and you can pay some very small monthly payment, like asround 110 bucks +/-. Now I don't know much, though 5500 nbucks sounds like a lot for 1000 grafts: is it?? And also what is the consensus on their work? Thank you so much, a very nervous newcomer to this whole idea: pedro

hi all, first post here, I'm glad you're all here and that this forum exists. Hey I just got yet another Boseley letter in the mail that was very, very seductive because it says 1000 for 5500$ and you can pay some very small monthly payment, like asround 110 bucks +/-. Now I don't know much, though 5500 nbucks sounds like a lot for 1000 grafts: is it?? And also what is the consensus on their work? Thank you so much, a very nervous newcomer to this whole idea: pedro

pedro,

Welcome to the forums.

Firstly, my advice is take some time and research on this forum and other forums....you'll find that more people have BAD experiences at Bosley than good ones. Stay away from Bosley IMO.

Regarding grafts AND costs: $5500 for 1000 grafts is on the high side. Most doctors charge around $4.50 per graft up to 2000 grafts and then discount after 2000. You should also note that 1000 grafts is NOT a lot of grafts and will make little difference after a transplant.

Bill

Agree with Bill,

High price for a non coalition doctor. I would stick to the docs in the coalition ..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Send Bosley's return address to Ted Kaczynski, then do some research starting with this site.

$5,500 for 1,000 grafts is pricey, and if you factor in the likelihood of them butchering you - it's not worth it.

yeah, 5.50 a graft is just too high and you can get a REALLY great surgeon for that kind of money, probably less. I jsut did 1000, didnt need too much more yet, and it was 3.50 a graft. I am in a bad/scary time in the process right now though so i cant necessarily advise you to go with my doc. But I am hoping its all just nervous jitters and everything is great, in which case I would definitly say my doc is worth a look in SoCal because his prices are good, he is friendly, responsive, and receptive to patient input, and so far his staff has handled me well. Only question is did he know what he was doing? Lol!

I have been readin here for some time now, and Bosley has a terrible rep. What i have noticed most is, there are a number of coalition doctors all across the country, close to nearly anyone, and many of them are quite reasonably priced. If the guys on this board anoint a doc, its probably a good bet that they will do you right. Because this board has integrity. That i have seen. Read here, a lot, before you make any moves. Then bite the bullet and go!

Some of you guys may be missing is that

Bosley relies ALOT on thier advertisements, and overdose on thier advertisements.

advertisements arent free so they make up with thier advertisements by overcharging...

stay away from bosley

I started a thread the day after I had it done and it tells a lot of details, if you click my name u can see all the posts i have made.

The short answer to your Q is: Dr Meshkin, in orange county, a week ago today. No pics save for the one I posted in a panic 2 days ago after seeing some stuff that freaked me out, probably unnecessarily... again, its posted at length (I'm just tired now and dont want to write it ALL out again! lol!)

Good luck, anu more Q's, feel more than free to ask icon_smile.gif