Early growth? Is it true, normal, am I crazy?

Toad_NW3

Hey HTers,

I know I'm early and have tried desperately to stick to the patience, wait it out, this is a long journey mindset. But I swear I see growth. In the middle of my scalp, an inch behind my hairline then continuing back until I run into pre-existing hair, I swear I see a ton of transparent hairs.

I run my hand through my hair under the light in the mirror and as I run the hand backwards tons of colorless hair bounces forward. Not much on the hair line, except for a few darker hairs that seem to have sprouted (but not many). Is this early growth? I'm just at 8.5 weeks. I have had a ton of pimples since week 5 or so. Am I delusional. I would take pics, but they are not apperant to the naked eye. I will take some and post them anyway.

Any thoughts?

Toad

Originally a Norwood 3 -- Now?

1/4 proscar daily started 9/01/2005

1791 FUs - Dr. Lehr - Dec. 2006.

1300 FUs - Dr. Brad Limmer - Jan. 2009.

Hey HTers,

I know I'm early and have tried desperately to stick to the patience, wait it out, this is a long journey mindset. But I swear I see growth. In the middle of my scalp, an inch behind my hairline then continuing back until I run into pre-existing hair, I swear I see a ton of transparent hairs.

I run my hand through my hair under the light in the mirror and as I run the hand backwards tons of colorless hair bounces forward. Not much on the hair line, except for a few darker hairs that seem to have sprouted (but not many). Is this early growth? I'm just at 8.5 weeks. I have had a ton of pimples since week 5 or so. Am I delusional. I would take pics, but they are not apperant to the naked eye. I will take some and post them anyway.

Any thoughts?

Toad

Originally a Norwood 3 -- Now?

1/4 proscar daily started 9/01/2005

1791 FUs - Dr. Lehr - Dec. 2006.

1300 FUs - Dr. Brad Limmer - Jan. 2009.

8.5 weeks is 60 days. I had visible growth at 60 days. While on the early side, I do not think this is all that unusual. Also, I did not notice pimples until just days before I noticed the first growth. I think the pimples are signs that the hairs are growing up under the skin. So I think you are right on track.

The hardest wait for me was from about day 60 to day 150. Once I hit 150, I achieved an improvment in appearance above my pre-ht status and people started complimenting me on my "haircut." After that started, I have stopped counting the days.