how much have things progressed since 2000?

I ask because a girl friend of mine freaked when I told her I was getting an HT. She said her ex had one done in 2000 and it "didn't take" (her words).

Course he was way bald, but still. She said a year or 2 later he was back to his combover.

Kind of freaked me out....like, what if mine doesn't "take".

Could it be that the reason his HT didn't take was that the techniques in 2000 were significantly worst than the ones used today?

I ask because a girl friend of mine freaked when I told her I was getting an HT. She said her ex had one done in 2000 and it "didn't take" (her words).

Course he was way bald, but still. She said a year or 2 later he was back to his combover.

Kind of freaked me out....like, what if mine doesn't "take".

Could it be that the reason his HT didn't take was that the techniques in 2000 were significantly worst than the ones used today?

as has been mentioned on this forum, there are no guarantees with any surgery; however, if you go to a coaliton doc, the issue with the HT "not taking," will not be a concern. What I me by "not taking" is the grafts not growing. if you follow your post-op directions this will not be an issue; maybe this girl had a different definition of "it didn't take." maybe she expected her ex to have a full head of hair and didn't understand how HT's work. compared to 2000, the majority of doc's now use standard follicular units, mimicking the natural units of the hairs; in the 2000 time frame, I think a lot of docs were still using micro-grafts. In summary, if you go to a coalition doc, I would not worry about, getting a bad HT.

It is critical that you see a qualified surgeon, or surgeons, to get a great result. Your HT should "take," but, again, finding the right doc is hugely important. Much has changed in the world of hair restoration since 2000. Overall graft survival, like other factors, has improved over the pasted 8 years.

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

It is very rare for a hair transplant not to work or take or get absolutely no growth. There have been many procedural advancements to assure we are getting better results.

It is rare, but IT DOES happen! Like everyone here is saying, The choice of docs greatly reduces this chance of the HT "not taking".