SHAPIRO IS EXCELLENT - FLAT OUT!

Mario

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I RECENTLY HAD A SESSION (4A) OF 2,000+ GRAFTS FROM DR. RON SHAPIRO AND IT WAS A TREMENDOUS EXPERIENCE - WELL WORTH A 2.5 HR PLANE RIDE TO BLOOMINGTON, MINNESOTA. HE IS TRULY AN EXCELLENT PHYSICIAN AND OVERALL NICE GUY, WITH A GREAT STAFF TO BOOT. TAKE MY ADVICE AND YOU'LL BE HAPPY AS HELL!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I RECENTLY HAD A SESSION (4A) OF 2,000+ GRAFTS FROM DR. RON SHAPIRO AND IT WAS A TREMENDOUS EXPERIENCE - WELL WORTH A 2.5 HR PLANE RIDE TO BLOOMINGTON, MINNESOTA. HE IS TRULY AN EXCELLENT PHYSICIAN AND OVERALL NICE GUY, WITH A GREAT STAFF TO BOOT. TAKE MY ADVICE AND YOU'LL BE HAPPY AS HELL!

Mario,

Congradulations on your positive experience with

Dr. Shapiro. I hope you get excellent results.

I just curious as to why you went with

Dr. Shapiro instead of Dr. Bernstein in NYC.

I live on long Island and I visted Dr.

Bernstein's open house, I was impressed with

his work.

Dr. Shaprio's hairline work is beautiful.

I'm a norwood 4a. I'm having success

holding on to the rest of my hair with

propecia and rogaine.

Again, I wish you the best.

Later,Mona772

i see that post on shapiro all over the place. it sounds completely manufactured. it may not be, but it sounds that way for darn sure. whoever is doing it is making shapiro's practice actually look bad.

Jason is talking about "SHAPIRO IS EXCELLENT - FLAT OUT!" post. This post has been cut and pasted more than a few times, in more than a few forums. The exact note word for word. If Mario had a good experience then by all means post it. But the note smells of spam... maybe it's not... but it looks like it. Glad you had a good experience with Shapiro, but I would like to see SPECIFICS rather than "TAKE MY ADVICE AND YOU'LL BE HAPPY AS HELL! " "TREMENDOUS EXPERIENCE" "OVERALL NICE GUY" "GREAT STAFF" and very little of the procedure, when it was done (you just said recently), pain, scar, growth, density.. etc. Mario's statements make me cringe a little,.. it just sounds too much like a comercial for a HT doctor.

Right on the money. That post about Shapiro has been cut and pasted with sections verbatim on a variety of sites in a variety of threads. If you're going to try to get people in the chair be more subtle. Too bad some are going to fall for it anyway.

To whoever is behind it, be it Shapiro, his staff, Pat Hennessey, or someone else, SHAME ON YOU.

Prove me wrong. I dare you.

Mario is a real guy, I know because we have butted heads before. He is not a spammer, he is just a little excitable, that's all. I've seen the same posts in other places too. It might be slightly annoying to some, but he is a real guy. Go to thebaldtruth.com forums, double click on his name (Mario 917), and "view all posts". (You may be able to do that here too.) He is very real, opinionated, and legitimate.

(I just realized, you click on the little "file card and man" icon at the bottom right of each post, then you will get a chance to view all posts).

Congratulations Mario, I am glad you are happy. Maybe you can give us some details about your experience.

[This message was edited by arfy on October 27, 2001 at 05:04 PM.]

ARFY IS 100% CORRECT. IF ANYONE DOUBTS THE AUTHENTICITY OF MY POSTS, THEN PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS. IF I AM IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM AFFILIATED WITH RON SHAPIRO, OR I HAVE NOT ACTUALLY RECEIVED A TRANSPLANT FROM HIM, THEN I WILL PAY FOR YOUR NEXT TRANSPLANT. IF NOT, THEN YOU PAY FOR MINE. I AM WILLING TO TAKE ON ALL COMERS!

Alright, I'll take the word of the others. I'm not trying to beat anyone down but your post puts lots of people in doubt. The HT industry is so disreputable that I wouldn't anything past anyone. Remember, you cannot be ecstatic with a transplant so soon after it happened because as one poster said, you don't know about:

1. Healing/Scarring

2. Graft Survival

3. Shock Loss

4. Density

If you are happy to have gotten started and feel you were treated well by Shapiro, who I hear is nice, that's great. But to guarantee that surgery by him will make one "HAPPY AS HELL" is not a good thing to do to desperate people who would do anything for the promise of happiness. And you won't really be happy until you know about the four things above. I think you expect to be happy.

I would still like to see pictures though. If you really want someone to consider Shapiro, that is more convincing than a message that is premature in some ways.

As for the notion I was behind a me too post, that is completely untrue. I deplore those kind of me too posts. It is not out of the realm of reality someone would agree with me. I checked and that person who agreed is a member, not a guest like me.

INFORM YOU ABOUT MY EXPERIENCE, NOT TO IMPLORE YOU TO YOU ANY HT PHYSICIAN (OR OSTEOPATH OR PA AS THE CASE MAY UNFORTUNATELY BE)IN PARTICULAR. I HAD A PLEASANT EXPERIENCE WITH SHAPIRO, BUT CERTAINLY WILL IN NO WAY BENEFIT FROM WHETHER YOU, OR OTHERS, SELECT HIM. I'M WAITING TO SEE THE FINAL RESULT BUT, BASED ON WHAT WAS DONE, I STRONGLY BELIEVE THAT THE RESULTS WILL BE EXCELLENT - I ALSO HAPPEN TO HAVE HAIR THAT IS COARSE WITH ABOVE AVERAGE DENSITY. AND, WHILE DR. SHAPIRO IS AN FINE, CONCERNED, EXTREMELY KNOWLEDGEABLE PHYSICIAN, THERE ARE OTHER PHYSICIANS DOING FINE WORK; BUT YOU AND OTHERS MUST DO YOUR "DUE DILIGENCE" TO DISCOVER WHAT I ALREADY KNOW.

Jason, you make very good points here. It is way too early for Mario to know how his surgery turned out. It can take years before someone realizes he had a bad transplant. It takes a long time for your hair to grow out, and also if a guy continues to lose hair later, he might realize that his grafts don't look as good as he thought he did. I often see posts saying "I had surgery from Dr. So-and-So three weeks ago, and everything went great!" Usually these guys don't know what they're talking about. Who cares if your doctor "acted concerned" or if "all the techs were polite and helpful"? It is what you are left with 5 or 10 years later that will really count.

I hope Mario turns out okay, I suspect he will since Dr. Shapiro has a great reputation, but it is way too early for Mario to know for sure.

Arfy, I think we agree completely on this. We still don't know when Mario had the surgery, and I believe it was very recent. I too agree that from what I've read (here and elsewhere) that Shapiro is probably one of the better Docs. Mario seems a little too excited at this point, but he probably will have good results based on Shapiros reputation. One more thing Arfy, I am starting to believe Mario did indeed have the surgery, but he should be more specific about the procedure or it just makes him look bad, as well as the doctor he is touting.