Post Op Scabs/Crusts...?

I'm just wondering what the surgeons have to say about this. My scabs and crusts started to flake off on day 5 of my post op. I left them alone as best I could until around day 6 and have since been slowly working on getting rid of all the scabs/crusts. I've been very gentle and have more just been brushing my hand through my hair and flaking them off. Like I said, up until day 5 I pretty much left them alone. Have I tampered with the grafts at all? Or are the grafts settled in the scalp @ the 5 day mark? Just wanting to make sure I didn't screw anything up, cause it

is bugging me here.

Cheers,

danger

I'm just wondering what the surgeons have to say about this. My scabs and crusts started to flake off on day 5 of my post op. I left them alone as best I could until around day 6 and have since been slowly working on getting rid of all the scabs/crusts. I've been very gentle and have more just been brushing my hand through my hair and flaking them off. Like I said, up until day 5 I pretty much left them alone. Have I tampered with the grafts at all? Or are the grafts settled in the scalp @ the 5 day mark? Just wanting to make sure I didn't screw anything up, cause it

is bugging me here.

Cheers,

danger

I should add that much of the scabs have little white hair follicles in them. Does it take allot to damage a graft at day 5 of post op?

danger

ya, I was told that would be the case...didn't your surgeon tell you this?

anyway, I was told after day three, these babies were mine to keep

he told me that when I take a shower to work the area with my fingertips, and not worry about what you're describing

cintact your dr. if you're concerned

i had a HT one month ago and was instructed that i could gently rub off scabs/crust from day 10. so before that i would leave them alone and after that i would gently rub them off after a shower and sometimes removing a scab of dry blood would also pull out 2-3 implanted hairs, which worried me. but reading what you guys wrote about the roots being permenant after a few days is a relief.

7-10 days the scabs should be off. Dont scrub or get too aggressive. Soak your head in a bath water for a few min. a couple times a day to loosen up the scabs-- also keep the area wet (Graftcyte is wonderful for this) up to 2 weeks.