Cooley, Grifin

kriss

This sites has recommended both Griffin and Cooley. I have found alot more posts about Cooley. I have consulted with Griffin and liked him. But he is kinda expensive, $7 a graft or so. Wondering if I should consider Cooley. I can drive to both. Don't care to fly, but if a great DR is within driving distance, then that makes sense to consider.

Thoughts on deciding between Cooley or Griffin?

This sites has recommended both Griffin and Cooley. I have found alot more posts about Cooley. I have consulted with Griffin and liked him. But he is kinda expensive, $7 a graft or so. Wondering if I should consider Cooley. I can drive to both. Don't care to fly, but if a great DR is within driving distance, then that makes sense to consider.

Thoughts on deciding between Cooley or Griffin?

I had my procedure with Dr. Cooley and I wholeheartedly recommend him. I have no regrets whatsoever. Best decision I have made in my life. You should at the very least have a consultation with him. You have nothing to lose by having a consultation with Dr. Cooley. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions about Dr. Cooley.

Same with me. Griffin is 45 minutes away and Cooley is only a 300 mile drive / fly, but I want the best value. Griffin's sessions start at $5600 from small (800 - 1000) and Cooleys start at $5,000 for 1000. That's not a lot, but for 2,000 graphs there seems to be a $1,000 difference.

Is Griffin worth and extra $500? Maybe not, if both are the same. If they are equal in work, I guess it's worth $500 to stay close to home ($1,000 - $500 travel is where I get the $500 diff.)

Maybe I'm worrying too much about the $$, but the wife is wanting a $3k boob job out of agreeing to this, so I'm having to deal with that. icon_wink.gif

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

I personally prefer having the doctor close by. I have had my troubles in the past when I had my first HT done in Florida. If its just 500$ difference , IMO, its better to have it done with Griffin. You will endup paying the same with a doctor 300mile away because of the flight/hotel expenses

Transplant Dude,

Will you read my post titled 'Confused' and give me your opinion? The lady said they rarely have anyone needing more than 1500 graphs. I would like to hear your perspective since Dr. Griffin did yours.

Thanks.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week

I can speak directly of experience with Dr. Cooley (and his staff).

I had quite a few hairs relocated to my crown and a bit to fill in my hairline by Dr. Cooley a little over a year ago (i think it was around 3 thousand?). The surgical experience itself was far beyond my expectation at the time, and my level of personal satisfaction with the results at the one year point is nothing less than outstanding! I am very, very happy that I found this website and selected Dr. Cooley.

Let me know if you want to know more.

2967 Total Grafts w/ Dr. Cooley on 1/3/07 [1st HT]

Hair Count = 5,427

My Hair Loss Weblog

Middleson,

Do you have any recent pics? I looked at your blog and everything post op looked good. I'm researching Cooley and a couple others. How much was the 3000 graphs?

Thanks.

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week

Dewayne,

I don't have recent closeup pics of my crown, but I think I can find someone to help me take some this weekend. It hasn't been a high priority for me but I know it's about time for me to take some photos and update that blog! I've only recently returned from spending a few weeks in a distant time zone so I'm still jet lagged but I'll do my best to update the blog sooner than later.

As for the cost for roughly 3k grafts, it was a bit less than whatever the cost-per-graft was for 2 reasons that I recall:

1. I paid in cash which qualified me for a discount (i think it was 10%?).

2. There were more grafts removed and transplanted than was estimated.

Best of luck to you Dewayne. If you do elect to go through with a HT, you won't regret doing all this research.

2967 Total Grafts w/ Dr. Cooley on 1/3/07 [1st HT]

Hair Count = 5,427

My Hair Loss Weblog

Dr. Cooley is world class and does some awesome work. You can't go wrong with him.

Middleson--good to see you. Get off your duff and post some new pics. icon_smile.gif

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90