about body hair transplant

sea of possibilities,

Body hair transplantation exists however, I have yet to see any compelling evidence of consistency. I have heard cases of patients shoveling out tens and even hundreds of thousands of dollars with very little if any hair growth.

In my opinion, it is better to consider scalp hair transplant surgery via follicular unit transplantation in the hands of a skilled physician which has been proven to highly effective. Follicular unit extraction in my opinion has a long way to go to show any real level of consistency but some clinics seem to be doing some quality work with this as well.

Best wishes,

Bill

Is BHT possible technically : yes

Does it grow out consistantly : n/a

We are at this moment not a big fan of BHT for the exact reason Bill is mentioning : consistancy

Consultant-co owner Prohairclinic (FUE only) in Belgium, Dr. De Reys.

Some physicians have argued that BH can "behave" like scalp hair. Unless somebody can explain this occurrence and then consistently manipulate it to the benefit of the patient, it is not a practical consideration.

It is certainly interesting to explore scientifically. Still, I don't see a justification for advertising BHT as a good surgical alternative.

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Some physicians have argued that BH can "behave" like scalp hair. Unless somebody can explain this occurrence and then consistently manipulate it to the benefit of the patient, it is not a practical consideration.

This appears to contradict the "donor dominance" concept of hair transplantation. I too would like an explanation of how body hair can behave like scalp hair since this would make body hair recipient dominant.

Bill

Well, there is actually such a thing is recipient dominance, however, it does not explain the "claims" with BH.

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.