Very Fine Hair

corpo

I'm around a 6 on the Norwood scale with very fine, wavy hair. My donor area is in pretty good shape. Overall, my hair quality was always poor even when I was a kid. Any thoughts on whether a transplant would work well for me, and if so, the number of grafts and sessions that would be required. Thanks in advance

I'm around a 6 on the Norwood scale with very fine, wavy hair. My donor area is in pretty good shape. Overall, my hair quality was always poor even when I was a kid. Any thoughts on whether a transplant would work well for me, and if so, the number of grafts and sessions that would be required. Thanks in advance

Corpo

Ive not had a HT myself but i do also have

thin hair and according to the docs I have had

consultation with there are other factors to take into account.

Such as: Your hair and skin colour.

If you are caucasian then blonde hair is better.

Fine hair is good for the hairline but obviously requires more hairs to reach a decent result.

It depends on your expectations.

Guapo

mu hair is fine and not very dense, i am a thinning NW 6 - so far my HT from 5 months ago as producing nice results. my donor area is probably average or below average, but still the HT is good. I plan to have another to get more density. here is my link to my pics.....no recent pics but i will be posting new ones soon. You HT doc will be able to give you the best advice upon consultation.

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/websites/jcwhair/

JCW

Corpo

You might want to go to 'search' on this site, type in Beehner, and look for Dr. Beehner's informative comments on HT's for people with fine hair.

Good luck with your research!

If you have fine hair, you will need more grafts than a guy with coarse hair, to get similar coverage.

Hair shaft diameter (fine vs. coarse) is a bigger factor in coverage than the total number of grafts.

Since there is a limited amount of donor hair available, this is an important factor to weigh in your decision making. Especially because as a Norwood 6, you need a lot of grafts.

You could get a nice result but it will be a very light coverage, not a whole bunch of hair. What are your goals? If your expectations are modest, and just a little bit of something to comb would satisfy you, then keep thinking about it and asking questions. If you really want a lot of hair up there, then maybe you shouldn't do it.