to vocor and jo

homer

Much has been made of the length that people can shave their heads to after a HT. People usually say num2 to conceal the scar at the back. However i wanted to know what about the top of your head? By this i mean, say for example you shaved your head to a 0.5 or used a razor and wet shaved the top of your head, what would it look like? not the scar at the back but the top of your head, would it appear bumpy or does FU transplantation mean that it would look normal, the apperance being the same as whn you would shave your head witout having had a transplant. I hope you can understand what i am trying to say, it seemed like a short question but has become rather long winded. Thanks for any replies.

Much has been made of the length that people can shave their heads to after a HT. People usually say num2 to conceal the scar at the back. However i wanted to know what about the top of your head? By this i mean, say for example you shaved your head to a 0.5 or used a razor and wet shaved the top of your head, what would it look like? not the scar at the back but the top of your head, would it appear bumpy or does FU transplantation mean that it would look normal, the apperance being the same as whn you would shave your head witout having had a transplant. I hope you can understand what i am trying to say, it seemed like a short question but has become rather long winded. Thanks for any replies.

homer:

The top of the head should be normal. Mine is.

The lack of smoothness on the top occurs and is called "cobblestoning" and "pitting". That can happen, and happens more frequently with non-FU techniques or crappy doc skills.

Getting all FUs from a top doc should avoid you the plague of cobblestoning and pitting.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.