25 after Hair transplant. Need some advice :)

Hello

Im new here so id just like to say hi icon_smile.gif

ok im 25 and my hair is thining a little on the front iv always had a high hairline. so i thought i would do something about it better late than never..

So i went to Huston texas to a certan clinic there. i dont know if you can say names icon_smile.gif anyway they were great the doctor there was very good. its now been 3 weeks after, and all the crusts are off. and iv had no shock loss or any other things.

Now im just freaking out about all the horrible things im hearing like.. massive infections in donor areas and the transplant not taking. and massive scaring. i know you guys cant tell but would this happen to me?

i mean my area is red i had 1500 grafts. there are not many dots at all. its like that name brand i went to. is like the devil or something? at least from everything iv read but i seem to have a really good transplant.

of course i have to wait a few more months to see results and a 8 months to start getting a real good idea of how it looks

im on porpicea now. which i heard can give ya cancer i dont. i guess im just here to get some ideas from people that know what they are talking about.

Oh by the way no one can tell iv had anything done to my hair i look just like i did before my HT. and the redness is coverd by my hair. so id like to take that as a good sign :P

Any help would be great

Ok i will tell the name it was Bosley. and few posts i have read on here have said people to stay away from that.

i did it and now im worried that in a year ill look like something out of the black lagoon

i just hope it turns out well

With kind regards

Hello

Im new here so id just like to say hi icon_smile.gif

ok im 25 and my hair is thining a little on the front iv always had a high hairline. so i thought i would do something about it better late than never..

So i went to Huston texas to a certan clinic there. i dont know if you can say names icon_smile.gif anyway they were great the doctor there was very good. its now been 3 weeks after, and all the crusts are off. and iv had no shock loss or any other things.

Now im just freaking out about all the horrible things im hearing like.. massive infections in donor areas and the transplant not taking. and massive scaring. i know you guys cant tell but would this happen to me?

i mean my area is red i had 1500 grafts. there are not many dots at all. its like that name brand i went to. is like the devil or something? at least from everything iv read but i seem to have a really good transplant.

of course i have to wait a few more months to see results and a 8 months to start getting a real good idea of how it looks

im on porpicea now. which i heard can give ya cancer i dont. i guess im just here to get some ideas from people that know what they are talking about.

Oh by the way no one can tell iv had anything done to my hair i look just like i did before my HT. and the redness is coverd by my hair. so id like to take that as a good sign :P

Any help would be great

Ok i will tell the name it was Bosley. and few posts i have read on here have said people to stay away from that.

i did it and now im worried that in a year ill look like something out of the black lagoon

i just hope it turns out well

With kind regards

most of us on this site recommend avoiding bosley and other franchise practices because your chances of landing a great surgeon with experience is decreased. It doesn't mean all bosley surgeons are bad but not all are good, so results can be very inconsistent. If you can, post some pictures and people will give you their opinions of the work you had done.

I've never heard propecia causes cancer, but let me ask you what doesn't cause cancer these days? People who devote their life to living healthy and exercising can develop cancer just like somebody who smokes, eats unhealthy, etc. I've always believed that like hair-loss, cancer is associated with a genetic pre-disposition. Many things like smoking, eating unhealthy, etc can expedite the disease. Its all related to genetics, all it can take is one mutation in your genetic code for the disease to form.

Ok this is some pics of me icon_smile.gif now it was take right after the op

hope you guys dont scare me to much i dont have any 2 week pics yet but ill take them soon no crusts are there

IMG_2511.jpg.0ca51a3f620671a44e9c38cb65f77172.jpg

i just hope it turns out wel

It's more than a few negative posts about Bosley! But it's not bosley you have to worry about it's all about the individual doc, and MAYBE you got a good one. No need to panic yet. Let me ask you, when you had your consultation, was there a consultant there who claimed to have had a HT w/ your surgeon?

Hello Daktoa thank you for your reply icon_smile.gif

Oh by the way the docotor cut my donar area and did the holes in my head i had 2 other nurses place the folic into my head i dont know if it was a bad thing but they seemed very good and friendly and about the consult

No he didnt claim it. infact he was nice icon_smile.gif i know there all suposed to be. but he said as your a young guy most people want more and more after they get there first ht done.

He said that i should wait at least a year, before i even think about getting more HT. coz i wanted to do 2 sessions one now and 1 6 months down the line, and he said he didnt that that was a good idea. The doc said well. maybe a few years down the line if more falls out. not your graft hairs but the weak ones, other than that, he said if i keep taking propecia to save as much Hair as possible..

Oh by the way i jumped into this with 2 feet i found a name bosley and though ok lets go. so i guess if anything does happen it will be my fault, for not coming here first,

just wondering when does shockloss kick in?

because iv been looking and my hair looks just like it did before the op

does it take months to fall out fsat? or does it go bye bye real fast.

Oh by the way if there not as many hairs in my graft sites and if. there are tons dos that make a diff to the total outcome? or will i have to wait at least 6 months to see

Oh by the way i have 1 crusty bit where my donoar Scare is that bad should i pick it off or just leave it icon_smile.gif

Thank you

Regards

Spirual,

If this is any comfort, I'm impressed with the fact that some temple work was done, which adds to the naturalness of a HT. However, the photos are too blurry or far away to clearly determine the quality of the work. Keep in mind that 1500 isn't much, and especially 1200 on the top of your head is very little. So, even if you are not pleased with the end result (likely you will want more density), you should have ample donor to have another HT.

For now, look after your HT (grafts and donor) and we're all rooting for you!

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

thank you so much! icon_smile.gif

Im so happy i found this site. just a shame i found it after i did everything, well if i do go for another HT. Then i will really talk to you guys icon_smile.gif

or if it goes really well with Steven L. Crawshaw. who was my doctor, ill go back to him

but im very thankful for your help

Regards

Im so happy i found this site. just a shame i found it after i did everything, well if i do go for another HT. Then i will really talk to you guys

I'm in the same boat! I found this site after Bosley as well!

Work looks good to me. The only thing I cant tell is the density, but if he placed 1200 in the first cm of hairline, that would be roughly

1200 / 30cm2 = 40 graft cm/2. It will look thin but will look like a hairline and bolstered with the hair from behind will probably look pretty good.

I think it will make a positive improvement. Good luck.

Thank you very much..

If it is thin is it safe for me to go back and put more in there? is it worth it? i guess ill have to wait and see but then you run the risk of shockloss and really messing up ya head if you go into exsiting hairs is that right?

at least thats what the doctor told me

anyway im looking forward to it icon_smile.gif i guess a little is better than nothing :P

dude my eyes look so messed up!

If it is thin is it safe for me to go back and put more in there? is it worth it? i guess ill have to wait and see but then you run the risk of shockloss and really messing up ya head if you go into exsiting hairs is that right?

I wouldnt go back if you are not happy w/ the results! You only have a certain amount of grafts to work w/ and want to use them to thier fullest potential!