getting rid of hairline

Take a look at my weblog, as I had the first row of old plugs removed. After a month or so, the scars were unnoticeable.

As you can see in the 3 day post op, my plug holes were quite large. They were all four-hair plugs. If you don't do a strip or FUE, I think a doc could just do that for you in 30 minutes.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Originally posted by wishicouldgoback:

my procedure was a strip. so i guess it will take a little longer right? what are the best ways to have these removed.

No, that's not what I meant. If you don't do a new transplant (strip) then it shouldn't be a big deal to remove the old plugs.

Mine were punced out using some tool that left like a one hair graft in there. I don't think that would be a big deal at all, if that's all you had done.

It doesn't make a difference if the original procedure was strip or not. Where are you?

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week

Go or contact Dr. Cooley in Charlotte, or Dr. Griffin in Atlanta. Either will make you look much better.

I'm not sure about lasering, but I don't have any detectable scarring since after about two weeks. Check out Dr. Lindsey's thread on "Plug Repair" and he talks about lasering.

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week

Originally posted by mr_powers:

would it not be possible to "electricute" them? like people do for hair removal, shock the hair so it dies and never grows back?

Maybe, but I'd recommend he have a ht doc punch them out as he could leave one hair in there and create a natural look.

Seriously, mine aren't detectable. Plus, if you permanently kill the roots you won't be able to ever get hair to grow there again.

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week

I'm afraid I've accidentally confused everyone on this thread with my earlier reference to a "strip session".

What I meant was, if you aren't going to have a new transplant (like I did, which also included the removal of old plugs), then a doctor could easily remove those plugs in your hairline with a punch.

Personally, I'd recommend that method as mine looks great. I had the whole row that was my previous hairline removed. And after a month, the 'holes' left by the removal were healed and undetectable. I also had several removed in my crown.

'Plugs' come from strip surgery as well. So, you can have strip surgery and end up with plugs. So, better just to forget I even mentioned that. Wishicouldgoback, I'm confident either Dr. Cooley or Dr. Griffin would have you looking better in short order. You should take a pic and email whichever is closest to get their recommendation.

Did you check out my weblog? Just click right under my name there to the left.

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week

Originally posted by wishicouldgoback:

the dr that did my procedure told me that it would take a number of 12 hr sessions to remove them unless i did a laser treatment.was he lieing to me?

I'm not a doctor, but it took Dr. Cooley about 30 minutes to take out 50 or so of my old plugs. I think if if you contact him and / or Dr. Griffin in Atlanta you'll get it straight.

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week