Regarding lab work

Hi, When one does lab work at a hospital, for the HT clinic to obtain a copy does one has to get it or do they have to contact the hospital for a copy? When one goes to their primary Doctor unless the results come out bad they don't even call to tell the patient for the results. I didn't tell my doctor for what I needed it since she didn't ask but I had it done. Thanks

Hi, When one does lab work at a hospital, for the HT clinic to obtain a copy does one has to get it or do they have to contact the hospital for a copy? When one goes to their primary Doctor unless the results come out bad they don't even call to tell the patient for the results. I didn't tell my doctor for what I needed it since she didn't ask but I had it done. Thanks

I'm not sure. I have the option of requesting the bloodwork form from my surgeon, getting an independent blood testing clinic to do the blood work and return the form to the surgeon.

So I will have a copy of the blood test.

I suppose it depends on the policy of the doctor and the hospital, but as a patient, you should have the right to all biometric data inferred from testing your OWN body.

take care...