Please help me, I am confused! Is ETG ok?

mgi

Hello all,

I am a 22-year-old male. I have been facing hair loss since I was 16. I have a class 5 or 6 type of hair loss (please check the attachment)but I partially have (30% on the 1-2-3-4-5-6 areas). My hair stop falling off almost a year ago and I want to regrow my hair or as last chance I will try transplantation. I had some questions, if anyone has time to answer.

I have started to ETG hair treatment at Current Tech headquarters at Vancouver a few weeks ago. It seems like not going to be effective for me. I don`t want to say "it is a scam" because at the end they operate as a bussiness( There are 8 office rooms on 14th floor and a machine with a harbour view; no line up for the treatment. Also the ETG machines are mostly located in the third world countries as part of the burjuvatic life-style. They have been promoting ETG with a research result of 20 volunteers in 2001 and since then there is none ETG hair treatment centre in lower mainland Vancouver except that main office with the harbour view beeping chair. The pictures of veteran patients are absolutely Phony Photos.).

However, I am still confused that I may be wrong about ETG on the side of the bussiness perspective of it.

Another thing is about the propecia or rogaine, are these herbal, what are the side effects.

Thanks,

mgi

Hi mgi-

Sorry to hear about your situation. I didn't see any pic attached but if I understand you your at NW 5 or 6 at age 22?? That's pretty advanced for such a young age and I'm sorry to hear it if that's the case.

Propecia (active ingredient Finasteride) is a pill and Rogaine (active ingredient Minoxidil) is a topical solution. I can't give you a comprehensive listing of possible sides for each but the most common with Propecia seems to be a decreased libido (very small percentage reported to experience this) and Rogaine may contribute to increased blood pressure but I am not as familiar with it and encourage you to research it here (using the find feature) and other places as well.

I've never heard of ETG............doesn't mean it's a hoax but from what you describe it sounds a little quack-ish. The ONLY think I know of at this point PROVEN to halt any loss or possibly regrow hair is Finasteride (blocks DHT AR II), Duasteride (blocks DHT AR II and DHT AR I) and Minoxidil.........that's it. None of them are herbal. There's plenty of information here on each using the "find" feature on the site.

It's always good to eat healthy and use as many herbal and natural methods to maintain health for your body and hair. However, at this point, meds are really the only thing proven to combat hair loss.

Hope this helps.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.