Hairtransplantation in India / Dr. Arvind Poswal

I have posted my report about the experiences I made in India on another hairtransplantation related webpage already, but since I received tons of valuable information on this webpage too and I assume it could be of interest for some people, here my slightly reworked report:

I had a strip surgery done by Dr.Arvind just 8 days ago. 3100 (around 7000 fter hairs)grafts from the scalp plus 30 experimental grafts from the chest.

I know strip surgery is a controversial topic for many posters. Main reasons for me were the financial advantage and the fact that I wanted to keep my hair long throughout the operation.

Of course it is by far too early to give any final judgements, but up to now I can say it was a very satisfactory experience and the right choice to go to India.

Let me summarize the reasons:

1. Skills:

I think I was a quite difficult case since I had a very low scalp elasticity and had the wish to keep the length of my hair (quite long, on the top and front part around 7 - 10 cm. Same for the back part).

It was agreed beforehand that I pay a slightly higher amount of money, due to the increased difficulty level.

Both issues needed an experienced doctor and were accomplished very well.

2. Patience:

Dr. Arvind answered all my questions until there were none left in me.

His answers showed me, that he is in business for quite a while.

Besides of this, I had the feeling that he truly cares about his patients.

3. Equipment

Wouldn't know where to complain.

4. Service:

I was picked up from the airport (quite happy about that). Picked up from the hotel and they also arranged a tour to a shopping mall for me.

For me visiting India was a gain in itself. It was cool to see the differences to my home country Germany. Food was no problem, even though I abandonned my initial reluctance to eat anything else but bread after the first day. icon_smile.gif

The real judgement about this transplantation will be made in 1 year. Cannot wait to see the outcome.

This post as a help for people who think about going to Dr.Arvind. I don't compare him with other doctors mentioned in this forum, since I don't know enough about their work.

Just as a stand-alone evaluation:

You cannot do anything wrong with going to Dr.Arvind for a ht.

dit

• 1 year later...

to deep in thought

i would like to get connected to you, where do you live in germany. i am thinking about to go to india for a ht (would be my 6th ht!)as well.

please respond

(i am from switzerland, so we could write in german)

thank you

hairwar

hairwar,

FYI......deep in thought's post is dated April 28, 2005 and I've not seen anything recent posted by him so I doubt he'll get your message.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

I wouldnt advise going to India or Dr. Arvind until you actually meet "Deep in Thought" and see his or anyone elses results from this surgeon.

The Indian clinics have a history of putting their own fake posts on these forums,so beware.

For an example of an Indian HT, check out "Jagdish" on this forum.