Dr Robert Jones

werewolfhead

I just completed my first touch up session of 500 grafts over 7 hours yesterday with Robert Jones in Toronto. I wanted to restore some of my front hairline and fill in some of the recession. I am Norwood 2 at 52 years of age and have researched these sites extensively to find a doctor who I felt would best serve my needs. Dr Jones is very honest and forthcoming and thorough.He is now dedicating most of his practice to FUE. For extraction he uses a 1mm shallow punch and then loosens the follicle by perforating around it when needed using a 27 guage needle. In my case I wouldn't have been a FUE candidate for NHI since my follicles were slightly splayed on the end rendering them difficut to pull out, but with Dr Js technique we extracted all of them with only 3% transection rate. The procedure was nearly painless requiring no tumescense and minimal bleeding. The recipient site was created with mostly 20 guage needles and some 22 guage though this is dependent upon the diameter of ones hair shaft. My hair diameter is approximately 52 microns. Finer hair could use finer needles, coarser hair could probably best accomadate lower guage needles. This probably would be slightly different from patient to patient. I suspect now that it may be possible that a new area of minimally invasive hairtransplation will be available for the millions of people like me who have had some thinning and hair loss with time but who don't need or will not entertain the large megasessions offered by many of the clinics. This is not to post against strip surgery only to say that for some candidates it may simply be unnecessary. best to all, should anyone wish to contact me I'm at rthaler11@hotmail.com. My opinions are entirely independent of any clinic or Dr, I'm just trying to help those in the same way I was helped while researching these sites over thelast months.

I just completed my first touch up session of 500 grafts over 7 hours yesterday with Robert Jones in Toronto. I wanted to restore some of my front hairline and fill in some of the recession. I am Norwood 2 at 52 years of age and have researched these sites extensively to find a doctor who I felt would best serve my needs. Dr Jones is very honest and forthcoming and thorough.He is now dedicating most of his practice to FUE. For extraction he uses a 1mm shallow punch and then loosens the follicle by perforating around it when needed using a 27 guage needle. In my case I wouldn't have been a FUE candidate for NHI since my follicles were slightly splayed on the end rendering them difficut to pull out, but with Dr Js technique we extracted all of them with only 3% transection rate. The procedure was nearly painless requiring no tumescense and minimal bleeding. The recipient site was created with mostly 20 guage needles and some 22 guage though this is dependent upon the diameter of ones hair shaft. My hair diameter is approximately 52 microns. Finer hair could use finer needles, coarser hair could probably best accomadate lower guage needles. This probably would be slightly different from patient to patient. I suspect now that it may be possible that a new area of minimally invasive hairtransplation will be available for the millions of people like me who have had some thinning and hair loss with time but who don't need or will not entertain the large megasessions offered by many of the clinics. This is not to post against strip surgery only to say that for some candidates it may simply be unnecessary. best to all, should anyone wish to contact me I'm at rthaler11@hotmail.com. My opinions are entirely independent of any clinic or Dr, I'm just trying to help those in the same way I was helped while researching these sites over thelast months.