Tips advice, I'm almost 1 month after HT, great so far!

A lot of folks may be a lil nervous like me before I went under the knife so here's some tips that has worked for me. Just Got my first HT Jan 24th, this year. I haven't lost any hair, donor or recipient area and I have a lot of growth in the recipient area. I had no hair from hair line to crown at all so I was in pretty bad shape. My doc used the Trich closure. I cut my hair with a 1 guard and you can barely see the line, swelling is about gone in donor area . Here's what my doc told me...

1. Take propecia starting before surgery, I did about 1 week before

2. Supplments - MSM, good mens multivitamin,

3. After 1 week I added Rogaine and shampood with Nizoral

4. Ice the donor area! Often! After about 1 1/2 weeks.

It's a process every morning but working so far. I got 2k grafts and hoping the meds take care of most of my crown over the next year before I decide to get another. I'm a 33 YR old African-Am. Any questions?

A lot of folks may be a lil nervous like me before I went under the knife so here's some tips that has worked for me. Just Got my first HT Jan 24th, this year. I haven't lost any hair, donor or recipient area and I have a lot of growth in the recipient area. I had no hair from hair line to crown at all so I was in pretty bad shape. My doc used the Trich closure. I cut my hair with a 1 guard and you can barely see the line, swelling is about gone in donor area . Here's what my doc told me...

1. Take propecia starting before surgery, I did about 1 week before

2. Supplments - MSM, good mens multivitamin,

3. After 1 week I added Rogaine and shampood with Nizoral

4. Ice the donor area! Often! After about 1 1/2 weeks.

It's a process every morning but working so far. I got 2k grafts and hoping the meds take care of most of my crown over the next year before I decide to get another. I'm a 33 YR old African-Am. Any questions?

How about some pics, or a weblog? That would be great!

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Khair,

I'm pleased to hear that you had a positive experience. We'd love to see some pictures if you are willing to post them. Don't be shy, you are only posting them for other fellow balding men and women who have been through a similar experience. You may even be the one to encourage someone else to restore hair hair!

I encourage you to create a hair loss weblog which is the best way to share your experience and photos. You can then link your blog into your forum signature (instructions here).

Best wishes and happy growing!

Bill

P.S. Spex, didn't you forget to advise him to use Aloe? icon_smile.gif