bio fibre transplants

Hi,

Can anyone please tell me, if bio fibre implants, artificial bio fibre strand of hair are safe or not., are they good alternative to HT. pls advice

Hi,

Can anyone please tell me, if bio fibre implants, artificial bio fibre strand of hair are safe or not., are they good alternative to HT. pls advice

• Moderators
Originally posted by spj:

Hi,

Artificial hair implants were banned in the US about 20 years ago because they have a high rate of infection. Just combing your hair can hurt and cause bleeding. It was also pluggy looking because they would put a bunch of hairs in each small implant (maybe 2mm wide I think they were). If you do smaller ones you would have to do more of them, so you're just going to have more of them getting infected and needing to be removed as time goes by.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.