Financing and estimates

Hi guys,

I am going to need to take out a loan to get my ht and I was wondering how I would go about deciding how much I need to apply for. Let's say I plan to go to the best which means travelling. Will I have to travel for an estimate in order to find out how much I'll need to borrow? Another option would be to go somewhere else to get an estimate and just do the math according to how much the docotor I choose charges per graft. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Hi guys,

I am going to need to take out a loan to get my ht and I was wondering how I would go about deciding how much I need to apply for. Let's say I plan to go to the best which means travelling. Will I have to travel for an estimate in order to find out how much I'll need to borrow? Another option would be to go somewhere else to get an estimate and just do the math according to how much the docotor I choose charges per graft. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Dorian,

You don't have to travel for your consultation, but I would only get my estimate from whatever doctor I planned to do my surgery. Many doctors will do a telephone consultation provided you can send pictures (via email or snail mail) of yourself and your hair loss. This will give you an idea of what they think they can yield.

From there, I would add 20% more to be safe and then calculate what you need to have in terms of $$$. For me, I was told +/-3,000 and ended up with 3,711 grafts.

Hope this helps.

Mr. T