22..balding..rogaine not helping

peefyloo

I've been balding around the crown area since i was 18. Very light at first, now it's very noticeable.

I have Ichthyosis, which already gives me horribly dry skin and scalp. The Rogaine makes ir dry out obviously too.

I went to the dermatologist and asked him if there was anything I can do, he sais i have natural pattern baldness. And he's the one that suggested I use Rogaine. I've been using the foam for about about 7 months now. It's getting bad... really bad. And even though I have hair down to my shoulders, its getting very annoying. Everytime I comb my hair, it is filled with my hair, the sink looks like a cat was strangled in it.

I was just thinking about shaving my head, starting new, and trying to take propecia and still use the rogaine on the shaven scalp.

Any ideas?

Rogaine foam has been very very inconsistent for everybody.. I tried it, and I regret it!! while liquid worked wonders for me in the past; I was too balding really bad in crown... Stick with what's proved, stick with Rogaine liquid.

If you ever consider HT, consider FUE over strip, even though it's going to be lot more expensive...

Take propecia and use the liquid rogaine.. This is the best 1 - 2 punch you can use to combat MPB. In addtion, you can use Nizoral shampoo to help with the itching and it also hav some mild anti DHT properties.

Good luck

J

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!