Hi...Are there any women here?

Hello, newbie here. I have atypical andronegernic alopecia. I am a bald woman. My diagnosis was confirmed by punch biopsy and I began treatment with spironolactone 100mg/day on November 21. I am considering Nizoral. I was simply wondering if there were any gals in this forum; sometimes balding can hit women a little harder emotionally. I am certainly not trying to suggest that it's not hard on you guys...

I guess this is my way of saying hello. I'm really glad I found this forum.

hi writerlass and welcome.

i believe there are women posting on this site and there must be a fair few watching from the wings.if i were you id post again up above on the hairloss open topics.you may have more chance of being spotted there.

best of luck.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

WrtierLass,

Welcome to our community.

There have been many women who have posted on our discussion forum over the years however, the majority of posters and members have been men.

But I hope that doesn't scare you away. Balding impacts not only men but women too and genetic hair loss (androgenetic alopecia) is the most common.

I do hope that you are aware of the potential side effects of spironolactone as in higher dosages they can be high risk.

Read more about .

I would suggest adding Rogaine (minoxodil) for women into your regime and combining it with Nizoral or Revita (a bit gentler on the scalp) shampoo which contains ketoconazole which contains weak anti-DHT properties.

I hope this helps.

Bill