Nioxin_ What is it, what does it do?

notsohairy

NIoxin is a scientific delevlop shampoo and conditioner. The shampoo is designed to help remove DHT from the scalp surface. The conditioner is developed to help strengthen hair shaft and circulates the blood in the surface of the scalp.

From the Nioxin website:

1) Bionutrient Actives Cleanser (the shampoo):

Bionutrient Actives Cleanser is a detoxifying cleanser for fine or thin-looking, non-chemically enhanced hair. Formulated with a concentrated blend of botanicals and humectants, it creates an optimum scalp environment, by gently removing product build up, minerals, environmental pollutants and toxins like from the hair and scalp, clearing nutrient pathways on the scalp at hair follicle sites without stripping hair of essential oils. Nioxin products are made with the most technologically adavanced discoveries and with select natural ingredients.

2) Bionutrient Actives Scalp Therapy (the conditioner):

Bionutrient Actives Scalp Therapy is a botanical conditioner that provides superior moisture for fine or thin-looking hair and energizes the scalp, relieving scalp tightness and tension without over-softening or weighing hair down with product buildup.

Formulated with European botanicals and rich humectants, Bionutrient Actives Scalp Therapy will not block pores like conventional conditioners, while its vitamins, proteins and amino acids provide nourishment to create fuller, healthier-looking hair. Nioxin products are made with the most technologically adavanced discoveries and with select natural ingredients.

3) Bionutrient Actives Treatment (a leave-in substance):

Bionutrient Actives Treatment is a natural leave-in scalp treatment formulated to protect from build up of damaging environmental pollutants and toxins .

Bottom line: I have used this stuff off and on for around 5 years; maybe 6. It does leave my hair feeling thicker and very healthy. As far as growth? No, I don't think so. Maintaining? Dunno, doesn't hurt. Price? Not TOO bad, but much more expensive than regular shampoo. I don't put too much stock into the "treatment." It is more of a pain than Minoxidil, though it doesn't leave your hair feeling greasy. The shampoo and the conditioner can be bought in very large bottles in salons in the mall for around $20 to $25 each. They should last you a couple of months especially if you offset them with Nizoral.

I still use it right now because my bottle of Aqua Glycolic finally ran out (I don't think I need that anymore, my dandruff and flakiness has subsided) and I had some left. All in all, I think that its a "can't hurt" add to your regimen.

Hope this helps.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog