shock loss: will it come back?

I'm 7 1/2 weeks out from my 2933 graft procedure. I'm experiencing massive shock loss in the recipient area and mild shock loss on one side of the donor area. I had pretty decent coverage on top and my existing hair seemed healthy. I have to say I'm fairly concerned. If the shock loss on top doesn't come back, I'll be worse off than before the procedure. I have photos and will take my 2 month pics later this week. I'll get my weblog set up and then I would appreciate some feedback. I've read several posts stating shock loss doesn't always return. I had enough hair pre transplant I figured I would have been able to ditch the hat by now. I'm not even close. I have some serious kojak areas.

I'm 7 1/2 weeks out from my 2933 graft procedure. I'm experiencing massive shock loss in the recipient area and mild shock loss on one side of the donor area. I had pretty decent coverage on top and my existing hair seemed healthy. I have to say I'm fairly concerned. If the shock loss on top doesn't come back, I'll be worse off than before the procedure. I have photos and will take my 2 month pics later this week. I'll get my weblog set up and then I would appreciate some feedback. I've read several posts stating shock loss doesn't always return. I had enough hair pre transplant I figured I would have been able to ditch the hat by now. I'm not even close. I have some serious kojak areas.

Hopefully you are experiencing temporary -- as opposed to permanent -- shockloss. Were your native hairs very weak? Generally, if shockloss does occur, it is to extremely weak hairs that were "on their way out". What clinic did you go to? I'm of the belief that (permanent) shockloss really shouldn't be a major concern in the right hands.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Welcome to the ugly duckling phase. Sounds like what you are going through is nothing unusual. It usually gets worse before it gets better so just try to be patient and don't judge anything till you are at the eight to ten month mark. You should see an improvement in the shock by month four or five.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Hey guys. Thanks for the quick responses. Yes, I take propecia and have been for years. The hairs didn't look like they were on the decline. Like I said, I'll get my weblog set up later this week or over the weekend. Here's a before pic. As you can see, my hair wasn't thick but I had decent coverage. I know it's very premature to be too concerned but seeing shiny skin with no fuzz at all in some areas is disconcerting.

PreOp_DryNoFlash2.JPG.2801276daa7a5137a93bf66c5b87e1c8.JPG