Quick question regarding removal of sutures after HT

I had an HT surgery done at Shapiro Medical last week.It's now time to remove the sutures in the donor area. Can anyone recommend someone in the St.Louis area for suture removal?

Thanks for your time!

Anyone can do this. I just contacted a local dermatologist.

To be honest, you could do it yourself with some help. But you want the doc there in case bleeding or something like that occurs.

All they do is snip the middle of the suture, and then tug the ends out. It is really quite simple, and doesn't require a doctor of any real notierity.

Hope this helps.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

I also went to Shapiro Medical, and had Dr. Jennings from Depaul Hospital remove them. He's my PCP. Any physician can do it though, it's easy stuff. If you have a primary care physician, just have him do it.

My name is Dr. Glenn M Charles and I am one of the physicians who performs hair restoration surgery at the Shapiro Medical Group clinic in Minnisota. If you call the office and speak with the doctor who performed your surgery, they will try and contact a colleague in your local area or at least provide you with a name and number. This is a relatively easy process, however we do prefer someone in the medical field to look at your donor area to insure proper healing has occured.

Fabe -

In the event Dr. Charles doesn't pop in the site for awhile, he has a practice in Boca Raton, Fl, and is also affiliated with the Shapiro Medical Group, where he does procedures approx 1 week a month. A link to his site can be found on the home page of this site as one of the recommended physicians, as well as the link to Shapiro Medical. He was my physician as well.