just started proscar 2 months ago and Blood is in my nostrils

djdennis

how often are you taking it (i.e. are you doing the every other day thing or what)?

Also, the way you made it sound in the header of this post was as if blood is just pouring out of your nose; but you mentioned that you have been more "stuffy" lately and have been blowing your nose a lot. I don't think that is very strange.

But, if your just bleeding like a stuck pig then that is a different story.

If it is just a little bit of blood that comes out in your snot rag, then if it were me I would just assume it was irritated and possibly dry from blowing it so much...

Guest josh - b

didennis,

A common thread on all forums is people attributing all sorts of new ailments to the taking of finisteride.

It sounds to me that you're getting slight nose bleeds which really isn't anything to worry about but i would go see a doctor and have it checked out.

I really doubt that its anything to do with finasteride.

No blood is not pouring out of my nose!!! i WOULD OF GONE TO THE DOCTOR BY NOW, BUT YES WHEN I BLOW MY NOSE BLOOD IS MIXED IN WITH THE SNOT!!! as I said in the message , I never had a problem with aleays blowing my nose. It is every day now that I am on the finast. I will talk to my doctor.

DJ

Go see the doc who prescribed it or call him . This is new to me .

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

when did you start taking the medication? I don't know anything about Proscar BUT, I have this same problem in the winter months. For me, it is due to the heater being on and just causing my nose to stuff up and get dry.

Well, I hope you get an answer.

Sandra

Originally posted by djdennis:

Has this happenned to anyone else? I seemed to be more stuffed up and blowing my nose alot more since I been on the proscar with blood also coming out of my nose when blowing my nose?? This has never happenned in my life and this has to be due to the proscar!!!!

No doubt dry air will give you nose bleeds. So will a shortage of iron in your body..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!