How long until yours grew?

My new doc said 3-6 months before mine begins to grow. The last few times, I noticed regrowth in a little under 8 weeks, although it was very short (expectedly) This time was a strip method. Is there any reason it should take longer to see regrowth?

My new doc said 3-6 months before mine begins to grow. The last few times, I noticed regrowth in a little under 8 weeks, although it was very short (expectedly) This time was a strip method. Is there any reason it should take longer to see regrowth?

10 years out,

People typically start seeing growth between 3-5 months, however, certainly there are early and late starters. I know I've had a few hairs start to sprout as early as 8 weeks before also, yet some are slower starters and have had their growth start around month 5.

The key is to be patient and keep the faith.

Bill

It's possible for growth to start sooner but it's not guaranteed. The doctor told you 3-6 months to manage your expectations as that's how long it typically takes for people to notice growth. If he told you 1-2 months then you'd be bummed for a few months if it did not start yet; but if he tells you 3-6 months and you see a difference in 2, you're happy. Simple as that.

Hair growth normally *starts* to appear at 3-5 months. If you are on the later end of that range, it is still normal. Hang in there, nothing to worry about.

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.