2 Weeks Post Op Today

Guest Craven

Guest Craven

Today is exactly 2 weeks from my surgery. Everything seems to be healing up well and staples and sutures were removed last Friday.

Still a little sore on the donor area. Have one spot in particular that hurts more than the rest but not too bad. Recipient area is no longer very red and no pain there.

As of yet I haven't experienced any shedding or shockloss (knock on wood). Although I've read many places that this could start happening anytime within the next 2 months.

I have been on Propecia since the surgery at Dr Shapiros. Tonight I start back up on Rogaine foam. Was told by Shapiro and Matt this helps give the new hair a kick start.

Still nice to see and feel the new hair. Hoping that I dont lose too much over the next few months but guess it varies greatly person to person.

I will try to add some 2 week pics to my blog tonight or tomorrow. If I can find the time.

Craven

Guest Craven

Today is exactly 2 weeks from my surgery. Everything seems to be healing up well and staples and sutures were removed last Friday.

Still a little sore on the donor area. Have one spot in particular that hurts more than the rest but not too bad. Recipient area is no longer very red and no pain there.

As of yet I haven't experienced any shedding or shockloss (knock on wood). Although I've read many places that this could start happening anytime within the next 2 months.

I have been on Propecia since the surgery at Dr Shapiros. Tonight I start back up on Rogaine foam. Was told by Shapiro and Matt this helps give the new hair a kick start.

Still nice to see and feel the new hair. Hoping that I dont lose too much over the next few months but guess it varies greatly person to person.

I will try to add some 2 week pics to my blog tonight or tomorrow. If I can find the time.

Craven

Congrats Craven,

This will certainly change your life after things grow in. You seem to have a good number of 3 and 4 hair fu's which will really make things that much better.

Your donor will be sore for a while in spots, the cut nerve endings will be regrowing and will flare up occasionaly, no big deal though it will all heal up in time.

Now the long wait, but it will be worth it!

NoBuzz

Originally posted by Craven:

Craven

My op was 7-10-07 You feel so good having the hair on top again

(post-op) I was even going out with-out a hat

at a club.Week 1-2-3 Already better than before, I hung on till week 4-5 and In a matter of days They mostly shead out, But the prevoius hair.What little there was, that cut pre op then transplanted over. was coming up. with a few tranplanted ones that started right away and didn't shead. But tonight things are moving.I look at mine very close and see black dots appearing under the empty graphs tomorrow they will stick up a little. They sting like a pin when they first try popping through the scalp. but boy is it worth it!

ps hair vitamin 37 check it out. I figured

a much as you spend for the procedure you may as well spent $50.00 on the Vitamins. And Im

impressed Get them!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

It took me awhile butI finally updated the pics on my blog. I added 2 week post ops as well as 1 month and 2 week post ops. I will add more soon but didn't have the time tonight.

Was feeling great about it around 2 to 4 weeks but after 4 weeks the shedding began and also the folliculitis. It now looks worse than when I went in for the transplant! icon_confused.gif

I knew it was coming but nothing truly prepares you for the loss of all your new hair. It is a major bummer. Now I'm back to wearing my hat and holding my breath that it will all come back soon.

Craven

Craven,

I fixed the link to your blog under your name as the html code in your profile section was incorrect.

Thanks for posting your pictures.

Try not to be concerned. At 2-4 weeks your grafts will be shedding and you could be experiencing some shock loss. Though nobody wants it, it is typical.

See the following Hair Loss Q&A Blog: Help, I look worse than before surgery (shock loss)!

Best wishes,

Bill