Measuring donor area

Does anyone know of a way to approximate how many potential grafts one might have left in his/her donor area even after HT's? I realize this depends on a number of factors so it may be difficult but any info is appreciated. thanks.

HT1 - 2088 grafts w/ Dr. James DeYarman 12-11-2006.

Daily Routine - 1.25 mg Fincar (Generic Proscar)

Does anyone know of a way to approximate how many potential grafts one might have left in his/her donor area even after HT's? I realize this depends on a number of factors so it may be difficult but any info is appreciated. thanks.

HT1 - 2088 grafts w/ Dr. James DeYarman 12-11-2006.

Daily Routine - 1.25 mg Fincar (Generic Proscar)

userdefined,

It all comes down to these variables:

1. Width of strip able to be removed dependent on...

a. Donor density

b. Donor laxity

2. Length of strip

Since you've only received 2088 grafts and the average patient has anywhere between 5000-7000 donor grafts, I think it's safe to assume you have a good amount left. Even if you are below average, you should still have another 2000 or so left at the least.

Though you won't be able to come up with a number on your own...you can test your donor laxity by doing scalp exercises. When you push the skin on the sides and back of your head up and down with your hands...how loose or tight does it feel?

A qualified hair transplant physician will be able to evaluate you in order to determine this.

Bill

Determining how much a patient may have left after a procedure is pretty much a guessing game but when this guess is made by your doctor, based on his/her experience, it should be relatively accurate. As Bill mentioned, the determining factors are donor laxity, density and how much was already taken. If you have healed well in the donor area, and your laxity exercises are being done, you should have about 4500 to 6500 grafts left (after your 2000 already) if they are taken efficiently. There isn't really a set of parameters to spell out for you to guess yourself unfortunately. Just take what your doctor tells you and go from there. If you are considering other doctors then take the various answer they tell you and come up with some sort of average. Again, though, if you are an average patient then the numbers I mentioned above should cover what is left for you.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians