Minoxidil on hairlines?

I understand that minoxidil won't rewgrow hair on the hairline but will it maintain your existing hair in the front? I have a receding hairline but very thick hair otherwise.

I understand that minoxidil won't rewgrow hair on the hairline but will it maintain your existing hair in the front? I have a receding hairline but very thick hair otherwise.

From what I understand, both Minoxidil and propecia "can" both work on the frontal hairline, but for legal reasons they cannot make any claims about frontal regrowth. (They were not clinically tested on this area). However both drugs do work on the frontal hairlines in certain cases, although I believe more guys will actually respond in the crown area. Maybe you are one of the lucky ones though. If you have been receding or thinning more recently, your chances are better for responding than a guy who has been bald for years.

If I were you (a young guy, based on your name) I would use both Propecia and Minoxidil. Even if I was considering a Hair transplant. Remember, it is crucial that if you do decide to get a HT, that you maintain as much of your original hair as possible, both before AND after the surgery.

• 3 months later...

i have been using the 5% for 6 or 7 months now and have seen a difference in the front- i'm losing less. no new growth, but much less loss (and i'm not taking propecia or anything else)