Post 7-months from Bernstein transplant

marlon

Something I would not expect from Bernstein - temple work.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic''. Arthur C. Clarke

Marlon,

You may be a rare Bernstein disappointment. I also had two HT's (one 4 years ago, the other 6 years ago), they were not done by Bernstein, but the scar the first time was unnoticeable, the second scar is more noticeable, although lately it has become much smaller. I think your scar may be as a result of the number of surgeries. I hope in time your Bernstein HT thickens up, because from everything that I've read it seems like it can take over a year.

Good luck.

Manko

I've been to a few NHI seminars in NJ, and Dr. B has always had 2 patients going at the same time. The first seminar I went to was about 3 years ago and the last one was last year.

UncJim,

HT day is this Friday for me, and I am the 10:30 guy, I'm sure there is a 6:45 guy at the same time. I'm going to have to send you a few e-mails over the weekend with my last minute questions. Thanks for all your help.

Manko

Marlon, consider yourself lucky that Francis Badamo only did your suteres and not anything else. He was employed at Bosleys a year and a half ago . I know this because I was butchered by him after being lied to. He does a great job of putting all your grahs in perpendicular to your scalp, was a big pioneer in the "Frankenstien/ Chia head look". I sent my own brother to Bernstien, when I found out Badamo was there I told hin "FUGGETABOUDIT".

4 and 5 hair grafts at the hairline, had to get them removed, but the donor scar was good, yield was good for a while. Then his partner Dr.Jones of San Jose left me with a huge scar. NHI is an assembly line clinic from my experience, and this lack of care has cost me tremendously.

hey guys,been a while, a year and half post-op from

a dr. b ht.i'm extremely pleased with the results,

i had 1285 grafts in my front hairline and all is

excellent.i'm considering a second procedure in

september to thicken up a bit,however some new changes at nhi scare me a little bit,maybe a newbe

at nhi could clarify some things for me,the things are dr. badamo,(who is he,seems like he has a bed rep)secondly what's the deal with the

new pen they have inserting grafts,to make it easy

on the techs.maybe i'm over cautious or nervous

over nothing,who knows?by the way he was doing 3 ht's during my procedure,and i turned out great,all he does is the cutting and stiching,techs do the rest so no reason for him to hold your hand throughout the procedure.

I am sure now that Badamo has had a chance to work and train with Dr.Bernstien his work is better. My issues with him are the fact that he lied about Bosley using FU's, he told me I may only need 1 proceedure( he claimed to have 1 proceedure, full coverage), he grafted the whole top of scalp when I only wanted a frontal hairline, he cut the donor strip too deep which left me a 3/4" wide scar a year of pain and deep depression, he did not return my calls the next day when several graphs popped and I was bleeding, all 1685 graphs were growing straight up from the scalp, and when I questioned him about graphing the whole top his reply was " You cannot put them too close together" (many graphs were 1/4" away from others. His ethics and integrity are in question, these character flaws cannot all be blamed on Bosley...These type of Dr's are unacountable and protected by large clinics.