hair loss question

Hi, I am new to this site. I just have a couple of questions regarding hairloss. I just want to know what to know what are my chances of going bald. I will give my ginetic trait.

I am 22 years old with thick hair, but my hairline is in the mature shape hairline, a little like an m shape. It is not noticiable at all, unless I am infront of the mirror, and i pull my hair really back.

My father is 52 years old and still has very thick hair all around accept a bald spot in the crown. He developed the bald spot between the ages of 44-50.

My 2 uncles from my dads side(my dads brothers) have all their hair and it is still thick. One is 44, and the other is 49.

My dads father (my paternal grandfather) died at age 65, but he stil had very very thick hair and not a single grey.

Now my mothers side

My 3 uncles from my moms side, 2 of them lost there hair and one of them is 72 and still has his hair.

my moms father(maternal grandfather) lost his hair

Given all these factors, what are my chances of losing my hair?

Thank you

Hi, I am new to this site. I just have a couple of questions regarding hairloss. I just want to know what to know what are my chances of going bald. I will give my ginetic trait.

I am 22 years old with thick hair, but my hairline is in the mature shape hairline, a little like an m shape. It is not noticiable at all, unless I am infront of the mirror, and i pull my hair really back.

My father is 52 years old and still has very thick hair all around accept a bald spot in the crown. He developed the bald spot between the ages of 44-50.

My 2 uncles from my dads side(my dads brothers) have all their hair and it is still thick. One is 44, and the other is 49.

My dads father (my paternal grandfather) died at age 65, but he stil had very very thick hair and not a single grey.

Now my mothers side

My 3 uncles from my moms side, 2 of them lost there hair and one of them is 72 and still has his hair.

my moms father(maternal grandfather) lost his hair

Given all these factors, what are my chances of losing my hair?

Thank you

My dad's side of the family all have their hair, my mom's father is bald. Considering the fact that I post here, I'd say your chances are decent icon_wink.gif

It's all unpredictable though. You really never know.

john-

NO..............there is nothing that can predict hairloss. Many will refer to you look at relative's loss but in reality it is a total crap shoot. There's absolutely no way to predict it.

The only thing you can do is try and document your situation as best as you can with pics to see if you can determine loss due to Male-Pattern-Baldness. If you do experience MPB it is always best to try preventatives before considering surgery...........search for info on Finasteride and Minoxidil if you're not familiar with them.

Hope this helps.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.