tomorrow is 2 months...

hey everyone, been gone for a bit! Well, tomorrow makes an even 8 weeks for me, and I am wondering... is it safe to assume that the grafts i have left that did NOT fall out will be staying with me for the long haul? I was expecting to lose a lot more than i did, both in shockloss and simply that time when the grafts fall out like 3 weeks after surgery. But almost no shockloss at all, and it looks like 50% or more has stayed intact and is definitely growing. (i'd actually say more, but if its less then i REALLY cant wait till it all grows in!!)Some of the hairs are well over an inch long now and i have recently gotten bold and pulled on a few... seem strong!

So what do you think? Am I just lucky, or is this gonna go soon too?

Also, my donor scar seems kinda thick. Does anyone else recall feeling that scar around 2 months and thinking it seemed a bit TOO big? (as in, tall, I cant tell how wide it is since i just cant see back there.)

Finally... how wide a scar should i have? I mean from ear to ear... how many inches across? I only had 1000 grafts done, and most looke to be 2 hair grafts, a lot of one hairs even... i cant help feeling like the yeild shoulda been higher?

Nice to see everyone again, thanks in advance!

hey everyone, been gone for a bit! Well, tomorrow makes an even 8 weeks for me, and I am wondering... is it safe to assume that the grafts i have left that did NOT fall out will be staying with me for the long haul? I was expecting to lose a lot more than i did, both in shockloss and simply that time when the grafts fall out like 3 weeks after surgery. But almost no shockloss at all, and it looks like 50% or more has stayed intact and is definitely growing. (i'd actually say more, but if its less then i REALLY cant wait till it all grows in!!)Some of the hairs are well over an inch long now and i have recently gotten bold and pulled on a few... seem strong!

So what do you think? Am I just lucky, or is this gonna go soon too?

Also, my donor scar seems kinda thick. Does anyone else recall feeling that scar around 2 months and thinking it seemed a bit TOO big? (as in, tall, I cant tell how wide it is since i just cant see back there.)

Finally... how wide a scar should i have? I mean from ear to ear... how many inches across? I only had 1000 grafts done, and most looke to be 2 hair grafts, a lot of one hairs even... i cant help feeling like the yeild shoulda been higher?

Nice to see everyone again, thanks in advance!

Newhairguy: I kept a lot of mine. They started to grow pretty quickly. As far as my scar it's really thin. After 4 months you can barley see it. You are only at 2 months so your scar will continue to fade and shrink. Hang in there.

Hi Newhairguy

You and I are at 2 months and my scar is doing well but yes, it is still there. Rjvw was right in saying it takes about 4 ( 4-6 in my opinion) to be gone and the hair to grow back.. My scar has healed nicely and i still put neosporin on it and wash it with aloe shampoo.. Can't hurt

Who did your surgery?

What Norwood are you?

1/2 of my grafts stayed in as well and are growing too.. The scar for 1000 grafts would proably be the same length but maybe a bit thinner in width..Ususally they are close to ear to ear but it depends on the person too .

Good luck

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

newhairguy,

Most likely by 8 weeks if you kept a lot of your transplanted hairs, they won't fall out at this point, BUT, I guess it's still possible. I've seen some transplanted hairs fall out later on some...so don't be discouraged if they do indeed fall out. But some lucky privileged few patients do keep a lot of their grafts.

What you are seeing as a "thick scar" may just be a think scar with shockloss around it. I don't want to deceive you though...it's possible your scar stretched and/or is thicker. What I will tell you though, is 8 weeks is WAY too soon to know how the scar will look. Though some have told you 4-6 months, full scar maturation happens around 1 year. But most of the shockloss (if you have some around the scar) should grow back sometime after 4-6 months.

Do you have any photos you can post of your scar?

Scar width should ultimately be very minimal, especially with only 1000 grafts. A lot of it depends on the closure technique used and your personal physiology (the way you heal, scarring, laxity of the scalp, etc). BUt most people end up with a thin fine scar, especially with lesser graft sessions.

Remind me...who was your doctor? Did you post any pictures yet on this community? If so, can you post a link? Thanks.

Bill