Hair Transplant by Shapiro Medical Group - Women

Ok, don't know what happened to my earlier post, cuz I posted the day of my transplant which was September 6th, and I can't find that post, so I'm posting again. Pat, I'm not so sure I like this format .... I wanted to share my experience, thus far, with the Shapiro Group.

I found Dr. Shapiro and his staff to be very professional. They all really seem to care a lot about their patients. Dr. Shapiro is very approachable and I felt very comfortable asking him anything. The surgery was actually quite painless, I watched a movie and then slept through a lot of it. They had their work cut out with me though, because they placed over 1,800 follicular unit graphs in and they were placed between existing hairs. This takes an incredible amount of time and skill to do this folks. I am hoping to accomplish the density I need from this one surgery, as I have already gone through this twice before by another surgeon (NOT DR. SHAPIRO)who could only place 350 graphs (micro and mini's) per session. With 700 total graphs, it didn't really make too much of an impact. But, Dr. Shapiro took the time with me and put in what I needed and I am sure I will see a noticeable difference this time around. As I look at each one of these tiny little graphs, I am amazed at how close he could get them and excited and anxious to see how they will look once they begin to grow. I am going on 5% Rogaine five days after surgery to lessen shock fallout and I am using Graphcyte to heal the graphs quickly.

I will post my before and after pictures as soon as the new graphs begin to grow. Talk later!

Tina

Tina, Thanks for sharing your experience. I moved your post to "Hair Transplant Experiences" because it was posted in the non surgical forums. Keep us all posted on your progress. Pat

[This message was edited by Pat - editor and "Recovered Bald Guy" on November 04, 2001 at 02:37 PM.]

Ok, don't know what happened to my earlier post, cuz I posted the day of my transplant which was September 6th, and I can't find that post, so I'm posting again. Pat, I'm not so sure I like this format .... I wanted to share my experience, thus far, with the Shapiro Group.

I found Dr. Shapiro and his staff to be very professional. They all really seem to care a lot about their patients. Dr. Shapiro is very approachable and I felt very comfortable asking him anything. The surgery was actually quite painless, I watched a movie and then slept through a lot of it. They had their work cut out with me though, because they placed over 1,800 follicular unit graphs in and they were placed between existing hairs. This takes an incredible amount of time and skill to do this folks. I am hoping to accomplish the density I need from this one surgery, as I have already gone through this twice before by another surgeon (NOT DR. SHAPIRO)who could only place 350 graphs (micro and mini's) per session. With 700 total graphs, it didn't really make too much of an impact. But, Dr. Shapiro took the time with me and put in what I needed and I am sure I will see a noticeable difference this time around. As I look at each one of these tiny little graphs, I am amazed at how close he could get them and excited and anxious to see how they will look once they begin to grow. I am going on 5% Rogaine five days after surgery to lessen shock fallout and I am using Graphcyte to heal the graphs quickly.

I will post my before and after pictures as soon as the new graphs begin to grow. Talk later!

Tina

Tina, Thanks for sharing your experience. I moved your post to "Hair Transplant Experiences" because it was posted in the non surgical forums. Keep us all posted on your progress. Pat

[This message was edited by Pat - editor and "Recovered Bald Guy" on November 04, 2001 at 02:37 PM.]

Tina - I am glad to hear of your positive expierience. Can you tell me how close you mean when you say the grafts were place "very close". Density is a concern of mine.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Tina,

Thanks for sharing your surgical experience. Please come back and update us all on your progress when you can. Good luck and congratulations - Pat

Thanks for reading this post. But it's your posts that make this discussion group real and vital. Please jump into the discussion. Just pick a topic and click the reply button.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.