Rogain foam

Hi all, new here. Just wondering about Rogain foam. It seems like a regular ingredients on most people's hair grow recipe, but I want to find out more before I start using it. I read that Rogain takes months to start growing your hair, and the first few months it actually makes you SHED more. Is this true for Rogain foam as well? It would really suck if true, I can't afford to lose more hair icon_frown.gif

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Hi all, new here. Just wondering about Rogain foam. It seems like a regular ingredients on most people's hair grow recipe, but I want to find out more before I start using it. I read that Rogain takes months to start growing your hair, and the first few months it actually makes you SHED more. Is this true for Rogain foam as well? It would really suck if true, I can't afford to lose more hair icon_frown.gif

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Two things you should know, which may very well allay your concerns:

-- what hair you do "SHED" is not actually you "lose(ing) more hair", as it is temporary and will regrow

-- aforementioned shedding is actually a positive sign, that is a strong indicator that you are responding well to the medication, and as the hairs you do re-grow will be of a stronger, more terminal type

No doubt, however, shedding is a major pain; I'm going through one myself right now from the foam.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Really depends; but, as far as I know, think a couple months.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

i recently restarted on the foam (about a month ago, i got out of denial about the loss and decided to try and REALLY attack it, with more then propecia) i was noticing a lot of hair on my hands after the foam applications (about 20 hairs, i have a buzz cut so it wasn't TOO depressing).... after a couple weeks... about 2 1/2 the number went down to about 3-5 ... i'm tryin to look at it like "shed over" and am excited to see if the hole on the top of my head fills up a bit in another couple months...

hope my "timeline" is helpful

my reg is:

propecia 1mg EVERYDAY

minox 5% twice daily (f the foam)

nizoral 1%

say la V old buddies .... i'm tryin to keep you

Thanks for sharing your experience Y-O-Y, but losing so much hair, how do you deal with it? do you style it differently to cover up, or just give up and show more scalp? have you notice any new growth, or it's still to early to tell?

I'm seriously thinking about getting on Rogain, but the initial stage really scares the heck out of me. I know what you guys will say, short term pain for long term gain...but I'm starting a new job soon and really don't want to make a bad first impression.